Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Handungoda, Galle and Kosgoda from Colombo
- Only Tea Factory situated by the sea and produces white virgin Tea
- Pictures Stilt Fisherman.
- Old Colonia City of Galle.
This one-day tour offers you the opportunity to tour the best attractions on the Southern coast of tropical Sri Lanka. Visit a Tea Factory to discover the mysteries of tea-making. Marvel at the skill of the stilt fishermen. Tour a city of Galle and visit the famed Galle Fort. Enjoy playing with adorable baby turtles in a turtle hatchery. This is a tour for all ages.
What You Can Expect
You will be starting your tour at 0700 hrs from your hotel in Colombo, where you will be picked up by your chauffeur. Ensure that you bring a packed breakfast with you, if you are unable to have your meal at the hotel.
The first stop on your tour itinerary will be the Handunugoda Tea Factory which you will reach by approximately 1000 hrs Ceylon Tea has been highly sought after for centuries. However, this tea factory is famous for a different reason. The Handunugoda Tea Factory has reawakened the ancient Chinese tradition of creating Virgin White Tea which is untouched by human hands during the manufacturing process. During the one-and-a-half-hour tour of the factory, you will be getting to see how this mysterious process takes place to create one of the topmost luxury teas of the world.
At 1130 hrs you will be travelling to Ahangama for a meet up with stilt fishermen, who are one of the most iconic figures of Sri Lanka. You will be able to see them fishing and learn how they do it by speaking to one of the fishermen.
At approximately 1215 hrs you will be have lunch at a place of your choice (At your own expense) and reach Galle by approximately 1500 hrs.
This coastal city has withstood three foreign invasions; during which time, it grew from a bustling port which was a main stop for ships travelling east, to a fortified and yet beautiful city with many monuments which have withstood the ravages of time. You will be able to view the Galle Fort which is a World Heritage Site, the Galle Lighthouse, the National Maritime Museum, the picturesque cobblestoned streets with their Dutch names, and many more colonial remnants. You will be finishing your city tour by approximately 1615 hrs.
Finally, you will be going to the Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery. You will get there by approximately 1700 hrs and spend an enjoyable half hour more about the 5 types of sea turtles that visit Sri Lanka for nesting, and how the nests are protected. You will be able to see and touch baby turtles, and view some of the fully-grown turtles that are getting treated for injuries.
You will be returning to the hotel after this and completing your excursion by 1800 hrs.
Comfortable walking shoes recommended for this tour. Drive time may change due to unpredictable road traffic. Photography stops on the way can be arranged but within locations with reasonable parking areas.
- Transport throughout the tour with an air-conditioned vehicle
- Service of an English-Speaking Chauffer
- Entrance Fees. (Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery)
- 1 Liter of Bottled Mineral Water Per Perso
- Hotel Pick & Drop
- All Taxes & Service Charges
- Food or Drinks,
- Gratuities (Optional),
- Expenses of Personal Nature.
Cancellation, No Show and Refund Policy
Cancellation must be in writing and sent by you/your travel agent who made the booking. Cancellations take effect from the date the written notice is received. No refund in full or in part will be given for unutilized services in the package(s) once you commence using the product or service.
- Up to 14 days before the Activity-Date – Fixed processing fee of USD 30.00 and the balance will be refunded. In case of a refund to be made via an international bank transfer, all bank fees to be borne by the guest. A refund to the credit card is subject to above processing fee only.
- Less than 14 days and in case of “No Show” – No Refunds.
- No refunds will be entertained under whatsoever condition once the guest arrives in Sri Lanka.
- We reserve the right to cancel your holiday because of unforeseen circumstances.