Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Anuradhapura Sacred City from Colombo
- Visit the ruins of Anuradhapura in one day on a private tour from Colombo
- Travel easily to the UNESCO-listed site by private air-conditioned car
- Be sure to see and hear about the highlights with a guide
- Transport throughout the tour with an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of an English-Speaking Chauffer.
- Entrance Fees to all sites
- 1 Liter of Bottled Mineral Water Per Person.
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- Hotel Pick & Drop
- All Taxes & Service Charges.
- Food or Drinks (where not specified)
- Gratuities (optional).
- Expenses of Personal Nature.
Comfortable walking shoes and hats recommended for this tour. Drive time may change due to unpredictable road traffic. Photography stops on the way can be arranged but within locations with reasonable parking areas.
You will be picked up from your hotel in Colombo at 6:00 am. You can bring a packed breakfast to eat along the way; as it will take up till 10:30 am to reach your first destination, Anuradhapura.
Anuradhapura was first settled by Anuradha, a follower of Prince Vijaya the founder of the Sinhala race. Later, it was made the Capital by King Pandukabhaya at about 380 B.C. According to the Mahavamsa, the epic of Sinhala History, King Pandukabhaya’s city was a model of planning. Precincts were set aside for huntsmen, for scavengers and for heretics as well as for foreigners. There were hostels and hospitals, at least one Jain chapel, and cemeteries for high and low castes. A water supply was assured by the construction of tanks, artificial reservoirs, of which the one named after the king itself exists to this day under the altered name of Baswakkulam. Visit important landmarks such as Jetavanarama, which was one of the tallest buildings in the ancient world, the Sri Maha Bodhi and the ruins of the huge Abhayagiri Monastery.
You will finish your tour of the statue by 12:30 pm and will be retiring for lunch at one of the nearby restaurants. After an enjoyable meal, you will start your journey to return to Colombo.
Cancellation must be in writing and sent by you/your travel agent who made the booking. Cancellations take effect from the date the written notice is received. No refund in full or in part will be given for unutilized services in the package(s) once you commence using the product or service.
- Up to 14 days before the Activity-Date – Fixed processing fee of USD 30.00 and the balance will be refunded. In case of a refund to be made via an international bank transfer, all bank fees to be borne by the guest. A refund to the credit card is subject to above processing fee only.
- Less than 14 days and in case of “No Show” – No Refunds.
- No refunds will be entertained under whatsoever condition once the guest arrives in Sri Lanka.
- We reserve the right to cancel your holiday because of unforeseen circumstances.