Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Discover Colombo by Cycle in the Morning
- Fully narrated tour
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Instant Confirmation
This tour takes you on an awesome cycling tour through the streets of Colombo, one of the topmost growing cities in the world. Learn the secrets and history of the place gives it its pulse of life. Visit attractions such as Independence Memorial Hall, Arcade Independence Square, Race Course, Town Hall, Victoria Park, Gangarama Temple, Slave Island, Grand Oriental Hotel, the Fort Lighthouse, Dutch Hospital, Galle Face Green and etc. This is a half-day tour of fun and adventure.
What to Expect
You will be starting your tour at approximately 0730 hrs from Independence square (Independence Memorial Hall). You will be provided with bikes; as well as helmets and high visibility vests for safety. It is recommended that you wear light or brightly colored sporting attire, along with shorts and shoes. It is also suggested that you bring water and energy bars as refreshment for your breaks. As this is a cycling tour you will have plenty of opportunities to stop at leisure and take wonderful photographs; so, don't forget your cameras. Ensure to have your breakfast at the hotel before starting the tour.
The place you are starting from itself has a long history. Now a highly popular shopping mall, the structure started its life as a mental asylum in the late 1800s. It later housed the University College, the Sri Lanka Broadcasting Corporation and many other such major institutions.
From Arcade Independence Square you will be visiting a series of historic place. Included on the list is majestic Independence Memorial Hall; the Colombo Race Course which used to be used for horse racing, but is now a shopping and dining complex; the beautiful Town Hall; the biking trails through the greenery of Victoria Park; Gangarama Temple with its eclectic mix of modern architecture and Sri Lankan tradition; Slave Island which once held African slaves captured by the British; the 19th century colonial structure of the Grand Oriental Hotel; the old Fort Lighthouse and Clocktower; the prison of the last King of Ceylon; the Dutch Hospital; the serene beaches of Galle Face Green; and Galle Face Hotel, which is one of the oldest hotels east of Suez.
You will be stopping occasionally for short breaks, during which time you can partake of any refreshments you bring or purchase along the way. You will be completing your tour at approximately 1030 hrs back at Independence Square where you started.
Comfortable cycling shoes recommended for this tour. Photography stops on the way can be arranged but within locations with reasonable parking areas.
- Tour escort/ Host.
- Helmets, Safety glasses, and Reflector Jackets.
- A back up vehicle and spare bicycles (Will be available during the tour in case of emergency).
- All Taxes & Service Charges.
- Hotel pickup and Drop.
- Food or Drinks.
- Gratuities (Optional).
- Expenses of Personal Nature.
Cancellation PolicyCancellation must be in writing and sent by you/your travel agent who made the booking. Cancellations take effect from the date the written notice is received. No refund in full or in part will be given for unutilized services in the package(s) once you commence using the product or service.
- Up to 14 days before the Activity-Date – Fixed processing fee of USD 30.00 and the balance will be refunded. In case of a refund to be made via an international bank transfer, all bank fees to be borne by the guest. A refund to the credit card is subject to above processing fee only.
- Less than 14 days and in case of “No Show” – No Refunds.
- No refunds will be entertained under whatsoever condition once the guest arrives in Sri Lanka.
- We reserve the right to cancel your holiday because of unforeseen circumstances.