Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Pannila Caving from Colombo
- Hotel pick up and drop off from a Colombo Hotel
- Transport throughout the tour with an air-conditioned vehicle
- Service of an English-Speaking Guide
- 2 Liter of Bottled Mineral Water Per Person
- Energy Snacks & sandwich for lunch
- First Aid and safety
- Food or Drinks
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Expenses of Personal Nature
Long Trousers and Comfortable walking shoes recommended for this tour. Drive time may change due to unpredictable road traffic. Photography stops on the way can be arranged but within locations with reasonable parking areas.
Bring a packed breakfast as you won't be stopping along the way. Your hotel will help provide this if they are informed prior. Make sure that you wear thick socks and hiking boots, comfortable clothes and a cap or hat. It is also recommended to bring a raincoat, a hiking pole and some salt for leeches.
The vehicle will take you up to the Budugallena Chandraramaya Temple, which is the nearest parking spot before you hike into the forest. You will get there at approximately 10:00 am, and will spend a few minutes getting the blessings from the temple before you start your hike.
Your guide will take you on a hike back towards towards the forest that you just passed when coming to the temple until you reach a fork with a trail that enters the forest on your left. From there you will be doing some tough hiking through dense rainforest until you get to a waterfall where the caves are located. Along the way your guide will give you energy snacks and water to keep exhaustion away.
It may take you up till 12:00pm to get to the caves (mainly due to the trail's difficulty). The Pannila caves are entirely made of limestone and calciferous rock. They are believed to be over 500 million years old and have a number of stalactites and stalagmites that show their age. The cave system starts off with a small narrow cave, then trails into a series of larger caves with much to be seen. Over the years the cave system has also become home to a variety of insects and animals; such as water monitors, fish, bats, frogs and butterflies. You will be able to see all these sights as you explore with your guide. Be ready to do some climbing within the cave, as it involves a tough route.
After exploring, you will enjoy a sandwich for lunch near the waterfall outside and then start your hike back. You will get back to the vehicle at around 3:00 pm and start your drive back to the hotel. The tour will end at approximately 7:00 pm when you return to your hotel
Cancellation must be in writing and sent by you/your travel agent who made the booking. Cancellations take effect from the date the written notice is received. No refund in full or in part will be given for unutilized services in the package(s) once you commence using the product or service.
- Up to 14 days before the Activity-Date – Fixed processing fee of USD 30.00 and the balance will be refunded. In case of a refund to be made via an international bank transfer, all bank fees to be borne by the guest. A refund to the credit card is subject to above processing fee only.
- Less than 14 days and in case of “No Show” – No Refunds.
- No refunds will be entertained under whatsoever condition once the guest arrives in Sri Lanka.
- We reserve the right to cancel your holiday because of unforeseen circumstances.