Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Pinnawala and Kandy from Colombo
- Visit UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Visit the sanctuary of the Gentle Giants.
- Visit the picturesque hill country.
Duration: ~ 13 Hours
Start your experience at the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage and spend time with baby elephants roaming around their cozy foster home, enjoying their lunch, and taking a bath in a nearby river. Visit the world-renowned Botanical Gardens in Peradeniya with a large collection of orchid and other plants and enjoy a traditional cultural show in Kandy to learn more about their culture. The highlight of the tour is the visit to the famous Temple of Tooth Relic along with a relaxing walk by the serene Kandy Lake.
What You Can Expect
Start your journey at 0600 hrs from Colombo and proceed to Kandy en-route make a pause at Pinnawala and visit Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage. Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage is the home for young Elephants who have been displaced or lost from their natural habitat, located at Pinnawala village in Sabaragamuwa province of Sri Lanka. Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage is the best place for an up close and personal experience with the world’s largest land mammals! Today with 70 elephants herein, Pinnawela has become the home to the largest captive group of elephants in the world. (Travel Times - 3 hrs)
Thereafter visit The Royal botanical garden of Peradeniya, renowned for its variety of plants which are, ornamental, decorative & medicinal. More than 4000 species including indigenous and introduced plants. This garden is best known for its collection of orchids which is the largest in Asia. (Excursion Time: 1 to 1½ hrs)
Thereafter visit the Temple of the Tooth Relic a UNESCO World Heritage Site which was built in the 16th century as the place of veneration and protection for Lord Buddha’s sacred tooth. Walk through the beautifully embellished passageways and elaborately painted halls, done in red, cream and black. Lounge against delicately carved pillars and get amazed by the beautiful golden statues. Get an unforgettable experience of history and art.
After visiting the Temple of the Tooth Relic have lunch at a place of your choice and then proceed to enjoy the Cultural Dance Show.
Cultural Dance Show - Be escorted to a performance of the traditional Kandyan dance, accompanied by tumultuous drumming. Dances include the cobra dance, mask dance, the Ginisisila, showing power over fire. The entire frenetic and colorful spectacle climaxes with the amazing fire-walking act. (Excursion Time: 1 hrs)
On completion begin your journey back to your hotel in Colombo at approximately 1930 hrs En-route stop at Ambepussa (Restaurant at your choice) and have dinner (At your own expense) .
Comfortable walking shoes recommended for this tour. Drive time may change due to unpredictable road traffic. Photography stops on the way can be arranged but within locations with reasonable parking areas.
- Transport throughout the tour with an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of an English-Speaking Chauffer Guide.
- 1 Liter of Bottled Mineral Water Per Person.
- Hotel Pick & Drop.
- All Taxes & Service Charges.
- Entrance Fees (Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, Royal Botanical Garden Peradeniya, Temple of the Tooth, Cultural Show).
- Food or Drinks.
- Gratuities (Optional).
- Expenses of Personal Nature.
Cancellation, No Show and Refund Policy
Cancellation must be in writing and sent by you/your travel agent who made the booking. Cancellations take effect from the date the written notice is received. No refund in full or in part will be given for unutilized services in the package(s) once you commence using the product or service.
- Up to 14 days before the Activity-Date – Fixed processing fee of USD 30.00 and the balance will be refunded. In case of a refund to be made via an international bank transfer, all bank fees to be borne by the guest. A refund to the credit card is subject to above processing fee only.
- Less than 14 days and in case of “No Show” – No Refunds.
- No refunds will be entertained under whatsoever condition once the guest arrives in Sri Lanka.
- We reserve the right to cancel your holiday because of unforeseen circumstances.