Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Explore the Gentle Giants, Hingula Village From Colombo
- Visit UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Visit the sanctuary of the Gentle Giants.
- Visit the Hingula Village
Duration: ~ 11 Hours
Start your experience at the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage and Spend some time feeding and playing with baby elephants in the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage.Watch the elephants as they bathe and roll in the mud to get cool. Visit the Hingula Village with a complete experience of rural village life in Sri Lanka.
What You Can Expect
Start your journey at 0600 hrs from Colombo and proceed to Kandy en-route make a pause at Pinnawala and visit Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage and learn more about Elephants than you ever have before. Get to see and touch these gentle giants. Feed and play with baby elephants. Get a chance watch the mahouts bathe them and maybe even help out. This is an experience that takes you closer to Elephants. (Travel Times - 3 hrs)
Thereafter at approximately 1130 hrs Visit the Hingula Village. This 2-hour village tour of Hingula gives you a complete experience of rural village life in Sri Lanka. Ride a Tuk Tuk through rubber plantations and paddy fields to reach the village. Experience a short oxen cart ride. Get to know more about village life and the history of the local temple. Watch how coconuts are harvested. Learn to prepare a meal of Roti and Pol Sambol (Coconut Sambol). Enjoy your meal in the shady confines of a thatched clay village home. Finish off with a cooling dip in a natural rock pool. (Travel Time: 20 to 30 minutes)
On completion begin your journey back to your hotel in Colombo En-route stop at a place of your choice and have lunch (At your own expense) .
Comfortable walking shoes recommended for this tour. Drive time may change due to unpredictable road traffic. Photography stops on the way can be arranged but within locations with reasonable parking areas.
- Transport throughout the tour with an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of an English-Speaking Chauffer Guide
- 10-minute Oxen Cart Ride
- Cooking Experience
- Chance to watch Coconut Harvesting
- Tuk Tuk Ride
- Dip in Natural Pool
- Meal of Roti and Pol Sambol
- 1 Liter of Bottled Mineral Water Per Person.
- Hotel Pick & Drop.
- All Taxes & Service Charges.
- Entrance Fees (Millennium Elephant Foundation).
- Food or Drinks.
- Gratuities (Optional).
- Expenses of Personal Nature.
Cancellation, No Show and Refund Policy
Cancellation must be in writing and sent by you/your travel agent who made the booking. Cancellations take effect from the date the written notice is received. No refund in full or in part will be given for unutilized services in the package(s) once you commence using the product or service.
- Up to 14 days before the Activity-Date – Fixed processing fee of USD 30.00 and the balance will be refunded. In case of a refund to be made via an international bank transfer, all bank fees to be borne by the guest. A refund to the credit card is subject to above processing fee only.
- Less than 14 days and in case of “No Show” – No Refunds.
- No refunds will be entertained under whatsoever condition once the guest arrives in Sri Lanka.
- We reserve the right to cancel your holiday because of unforeseen circumstances.