Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Hadunugoda, Koggala and Galle Coastal City from Galle
- Only Tea Factory situated by the sea and produces white virgin Tea
- Pictures Stilt Fisherman.
- A visit to one of the best preserved colonial forts in Asia.
Duration: ~ 08 Hours
This one-day tour offers you the opportunity to tour the best attractions on the Southern coast of tropical Sri Lanka. Visit a Tea Factory to discover the mysteries of tea-making. Marvel at the skill of the stilt fishermen. Tour a city of Galle and visit the famed Galle Fort. This is a tour for all ages.
What You Can Expect
ou will be starting your tour at 0900 hrs from your hotel in Galle, where you will be picked up by your chauffeur. Ensure that you bring a packed breakfast with you, if you are unable to have your meal at the hotel.
The first stop on your tour itinerary will be the Handunugoda Tea Factory which you will reach by approximately 0930 hrs (Travel time 20 to 30 mins). Ceylon Tea has been highly sought after for centuries. However, this tea factory is famous for a different reason. The Handunugoda Tea Factory has reawakened the ancient Chinese tradition of creating Virgin White Tea which is untouched by human hands during the manufacturing process.
During the one-and-a-half-hour tour of the factory, you will be getting to see how this mysterious process takes place to create one of the topmost luxury teas of the world.
At approximately 1100 hrs you will be travelling to Koggala for a meet up with stilt fishermen, who are one of the most iconic figures of Sri Lanka (Travel time 20 to 30 mins). You will be able to see them fishing and learn how they do it by speaking to one of the fishermen.
At approximately 1200 hrs you will be have lunch at a place of your choice (At your own expense) and reach Galle by approximately 1345 hrs (Travel time 30 to 45 mins).
This coastal city has withstood three foreign invasions; during which time, it grew from a bustling port which was a main stop for ships travelling east, to a fortified and yet beautiful city with many monuments which have withstood the ravages of time. You will be able to view the Galle Fort which is a World Heritage Site, the Galle Lighthouse, the National Maritime Museum, the picturesque cobblestoned streets with their Dutch names, and many more colonial remnants. You will be finishing your city tour by approximately 1630 hrs and you will be returning to the hotel after this and completing your excursion by 1700 hrs.
Additional Note - Comfortable walking shoes recommended for this tour. Drive time may change due to unpredictable road traffic. Photography stops on the way can be arranged but within locations with reasonable parking areas.
Tours Includes –
- Transport throughout the tour with an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of an English-Speaking Chauffer Guide.
- 1 Liter of Bottled Mineral Water Per Person.
- Hotel Pick & Drop.
- All Taxes & Service Charges.
Tour Excludes –
- Entrance Fees (Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery).
- Food or Drinks.
- Gratuities (Optional).
Cancellation, No Show and Refund Policy
Cancellation must be in writing and sent by you/your travel agent who made the booking. Cancellations take effect from the date the written notice is received. No refund in full or in part will be given for unutilized services in the package(s) once you commence using the product or service.
- Up to 30 days before the Activity-Date – Fixed processing fee of USD 30.00 and the balance will be refunded. In case of a refund to be made via an international bank transfer, all bank fees to be borne by the guest. A refund to the credit card is subject to above processing fee only.
- Less than 30 days and in case of “No Show” – No refunds.
- No refunds will be entertained under whatsoever condition once the guest arrives in Sri Lanka.
- We reserve the right to cancel your holiday because of unforeseen circumstances.