Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Galle City and Countryside Tour in a Private Classic Car
- Visit the ruins of the Galle Fort, UNESCO World Heritage site
- Experience Sri Lankan countryside landscape and community
- Transport throughout the tour in a private classic car
- Service of a private guide
- Water and refreshments during the ride
- Hotel Pick & Drop
- All Taxes & Service Charges.
- Food or Drinks (where not specified)
- Gratuities (optional).
- Expenses of Personal Nature.
Comfortable walking shoes and hats recommended for this tour. Drive time may change due to unpredictable road traffic. Photography stops on the way can be arranged but within locations with reasonable parking areas.
You will then be touring the streets within the Galle Fort on the car. You will get to see many colonial era building; some of which are residences, shops and churches. Your guide will also take you to the ramparts of the old fort, letting you stop and take some photographs. He will also explain some of the Fort’s history.
Following this you will be leaving the city to drive through the quaint country lanes. Your drive will take you past little villages and acres of paddy fields. Your driver will take you to a sedate lagoon, known as Mahamodara Lagoon. After enjoying the relaxing atmosphere of nature, you will be leaving towards a village.
This village is famous for its woodcarvers, and one of the most iconic and colorful wooden souvenirs of Sri Lanka - the Kandy Perahera Elephant is made here. You will be visiting one of the master carvers and learning the basics of their craft. You will also get to learn the steps and try out your skills at carving a wooden elephant. You can also purchase some beautifully painted wooden souvenirs from the carvers, if you wish.
Your next stop will be a visit to a silversmith's workshop. Your guide will introduce you to him, and you will get the chance to personally see how silver jewelry and other accessories are smithed. You will also be able find some exquisite traditionally designed silver items for purchase here.
Next you will visit the Wakwella Dam is a dam on Gin River. However, what you’re going to see is not just the dam, which is quite majestic in itself; but also the famous Wakwella Bridge built in 1999. During it’s time of construction, it was the longest bridge in Sri Lanka. After spending some time there, you will be returning.
Along the way, you will be stopping at a village to have a drink of a freshly cut king coconut or a cup of delicious traditionally brewed black tea. You can choose one of these as you wish. You will then continue your ride returning to your hotel at 12:00 pm completing your tour.
Cancellation must be in writing and sent by you/your travel agent who made the booking. Cancellations take effect from the date the written notice is received. No refund in full or in part will be given for unutilized services in the package(s) once you commence using the product or service.
- Up to 14 days before the Activity-Date – Fixed processing fee of USD 30.00 and the balance will be refunded. In case of a refund to be made via an international bank transfer, all bank fees to be borne by the guest. A refund to the credit card is subject to above processing fee only.
- Less than 14 days and in case of “No Show” – No Refunds.
- No refunds will be entertained under whatsoever condition once the guest arrives in Sri Lanka.
- We reserve the right to cancel your holiday because of unforeseen circumstances.