Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Lagoon Tours in Kalpitiya
• Four hours boat ride in the lagoon.
• Two hours boat ride especially for bird watching and observe the mangrove eco system.
• Accompanied by an expert naturalist + Binoculars.
• Picnic breakfast or lunch and water are included where applicable.
• Tuk Tuk ride to reach the lagoon while having a local experience.
Your boat ride will take you across the pristine waters of the Lagoon in Kalpitiya bordering the wilpattu national park and towards the sand dunes and Salt Pans in a distance. The little fishing villages and local community living on the border of the Lagoon and the stretch between the lagoon and the mighty ocean will let you see the hard work the locals put in to earn their livelihood from the locally available natural resources. From the small scale fishermen to the large scale fishermen who share the same space in the lagoon. Shrimp farms which are a booming business in the Lagoon area of Kalpitiya can be seeing For Nature lovers young and old the time spent on the boat will give you a delightful surprise of the varied life in the Lagoon. One can have a closer look at the diversity of Flora, Fauna, and birds endemic and common creatures to the area that make the Lagoon their habitat.