Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Explore the Peradeniya Botanical Gardens, Hingula Village From Kandy
- Visit UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
- Visit the Peradeniya Botanical Gardens
- Visit the Hingula Village
Start your experience at the Peradeniya Botanical Gardens and spend time with the thousands of plant species adding to its beauty. Visit the Hingula Village with a complete experience of rural village life in Sri Lanka. The highlight of the tour is the visit to the famous Temple of Tooth Relic along with a relaxing walk by the serene Kandy Lake.
What You Can Expect
Your tour will be starting at 8:30 am, when you get picked up from your hotel in Kandy. Your first stop will be the Royal Botanical Gardens of Peradeniya. You will get there by 9:00 am. The gardens have a long history dating back to the British era. One of the most important roles that the gardens played was when it was used as the Allied Forces Headquarters for the Asian region during World War II. Now it’s a botanical garden with the thousands of plant species adding to its beauty. You will spend approximately three hours going around the vast gardens and increasing your botanical knowledge.
From the botanical gardens, you will be travelling on to visit the Hingula Village. This 2-hour village tour of Hingula gives you a complete experience of rural village life in Sri Lanka. Ride a Tuk Tuk through rubber plantations and paddy fields to reach the village. Experience a short oxen cart ride. Get to know more about village life and the history of the local temple. Watch how coconuts are harvested. Learn to prepare a meal of Roti and Pol Sambol (Coconut Sambol). Enjoy your meal in the shady confines of a thatched clay village home. Finish off with a cooling dip in a natural rock pool. You will finish viewing it by 12:35 pm and move down into the city.
Once you get there you can have lunch at a place of your choice in the vicinity of Kandy. At 2:00 pm you will be visiting the UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Temple of the Tooth Relic. The temple has a burgeoning history spanning several centuries and is the home of the Sacred Tooth Relic of Buddha. It is placed in the former royal palace complex of the Kandyan kings. The beautiful buildings of the complex still show their royal roots in their architecture.
After spending an hour sightseeing the Temple of the Tooth, you will be going to see some technical presentations on the gem industry and wood crafting. After attending both presentations you will attending the Kandy Cultural Show at 5:00 pm.
This famous show will give you the opportunity to watch various traditional Kandyan dances and acts, such as the Kandyan dance, the demon dance, the fire dance, and much more. Once the show is complete you will be returning to your hotel in Kandy at 6:00 pm, completing your tour.
Comfortable walking shoes recommended for this tour. Drive time may change due to unpredictable road traffic. Photography stops on the way can be arranged but within locations with reasonable parking areas.
- Transport throughout the tour with an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of an English-Speaking Chauffer Guide.
- 10-minute Oxen Cart Ride
- Cooking Experience
- Chance to watch Coconut Harvesting
- Tuk Tuk Ride
- Dip in Natural Pool
- Meal of Roti and Pol Sambol
- 1 Liter of Bottled Mineral Water Per Person.
- Hotel Pick & Drop.
- All Taxes & Service Charges.
- Entrance Fees (Royal Botanical Gardens of Peradeniya, Temple of the Tooth).
- Food or Drinks.
- Gratuities (Optional).
- Expenses of Personal Nature.
Cancellation, No Show and Refund Policy
Cancellation must be in writing and sent by you/your travel agent who made the booking. Cancellations take effect from the date the written notice is received. No refund in full or in part will be given for unutilized services in the package(s) once you commence using the product or service.
- Up to 14 days before the Activity-Date – Fixed processing fee of USD 30.00 and the balance will be refunded. In case of a refund to be made via an international bank transfer, all bank fees to be borne by the guest. A refund to the credit card is subject to above processing fee only.
- Less than 14 days and in case of “No Show” – No Refunds.
- No refunds will be entertained under whatsoever condition once the guest arrives in Sri Lanka.
- We reserve the right to cancel your holiday because of unforeseen circumstances.