Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Ella Rock Hike
- Difficulty Level Medium to Low.
- Amazing morning views from the peak.
The Ella Rock Hike Tour will allow you to hike up to the peak of Ella Rock, which has some beautiful views. The track up the peak is averagely strenuous and has quite a few interesting things to see. This picturesque a three hour hike takes you up to Ella Rock, which is one of the highest viewpoints in the area. Watch the distant Namunukula Range and Little Adam’s Peak along the way. Get to see some stupendous early morning views of the landscape from the top of the rock. Some of the identifiable landmarks that can be seen are the Bandarawala Range, Poonagala Hills, Narangala, the Ella Gap and the Badulla train tracks
What You Can Expect
You will be starting your Ella Rock Hike Tour at Ella Town. You will be met here by an experienced local hiker at 6:00 am.
He will then lead you through the countryside to the track using the best routes. The track up to the peak is quite clear. Once you reach it, you will be hiking up the slopes of Ella Rock. Some of the things to see on the way would be the tea plantations with the pluckers heading to work and the beautiful countryside. Ensure that you take sufficient drinking water and some salt or lime, as leeches are quite proliferous in the area.
Once you reach the peak you will be greeted by a steep drop that affords you with breathtaking views. With the sun rising higher, the distant hills and rolling green valleys below will be especially beautiful. So don’t forget to bring your camera.
After spending some time up on the top of Ella Rock, you will be hiking back to Ella Town. The entire hike, up to the peak and back down, will take you approximately 3 hours. You will be completing your Ella Rock Hike Tour at 9:00 am, just in time for you to have a hearty breakfast.
Explore the city of Ella and it’s most interesting places. Pass through bright green tea fields, and tough stretches of rock, and get to see the magical views of Little Adam’s Peak. Walk over the history seeped Nine Arches Bridge and listen to the story of its construction. End your hike at the Demodara Railway station with its unique loop-over track design. This tour gives you the chance to see the best sights of Sri Lanka
- Comfortable Walking Shoes Recommended for this tour.
- Hotel Pick & Drop, All Taxes.
- Food or Drinks, Gratuities (Optional), Expenses of Personal Nature
Cancellation, No Show and Refund Policy
Cancellation must be in writing and sent by you/your travel agent who made the booking. Cancellations take effect from the date the written notice is received. No refund in full or in part will be given for unutilized services in the package(s) once you commence using the product or service.
- Up to 30 days before the Check-In-Date – Fixed processing fee of USD 30.00 and the balance will be refunded. In case of a refund to be made via an international bank transfer, all bank fees to be borne by the guest. A refund to the credit card is subject to above processing fee only.
- Less than 30 days and in case of “No Show” – No refunds.
- No refunds will be entertained under whatsoever condition once the guest arrives in Sri Lanka.
- We reserve the right to cancel your holiday because of unforeseen circumstances.