Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Little Adam’s Peak and Nine Arches Bridge Hiking
- Spectacular views from Little Adams Peak
- Visit to Nine Arches Bridge
- A chance to see the Demodara Railway Station
This hike gives you a chance to experience the Sri Lankan countryside in a hike up to the summit of Little Adam’s Peak and on a cross country hike across to Demodara Railway Station. Get to see the great views from the summit of Little Adams Peak. Walk over the famous Nine Arches Bridge with its rampant history. Hike to the Demodara Railway Station and see the unique looping railroad, a piece of architecture that is only present at Demodara in Sri Lanka
What You Can Expect
Pick up from the hotel near Ella, Wellawaya, and Bandarawela.
In this tour, you take part in an approximate 2-hour round-trip hike up Little Adam’s Peak accompanied by a qualified guide sharing interesting information about tea plantations, fauna, and flora. This mountain has an elevation of 1141 m above sea level, and gains its name from its similarity of shape to the famous Adam’s Peak, the fifth tallest mountain in Sri Lanka. The summit of the mountain has great panoramic views, especially in the morning when you will be hiking. After spending some time at the top you will be returning to the base.
You will then enjoy a refreshment drink with cookies while enjoying sunset/sunrise on the rock. (Morning tours will begin with this hike and evening tours will finish with this hike)
Also take an approximately 40-minute walk through woodlands to the famous Nine Arches Bridge, This incredible historical viaduct built entirely from stone, bricks and cement (with no steel) was created in the British era of Sri Lanka. It spans a space of over 300 feet and has a height of approximately 100 feet. You will be able walk along the railroad passing over the bridge, and listen to your hiking guide explain the history and stories about Nine Arches. You can also get some excellent photographs and create some memories.
Continuing on you will hike another 40 minutes along the railroad till you reach the Demodara Railway Station. This station has a unique architectural design hailing from the British Colonial Era. The railway line loops back around to enter a tunnel running below the railway station. This spiral loop allows the trains to go through the same location twice. You will be finishing your hike at this interesting location, the Demodara Railway Station.
Approximately 5 hours
- Hats and comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Hotel Pick & Drop, All Taxes.
- Village Lunch
- Refreshment drinks with cookies
- By Tuk Tuk
- Gratuities (Optional), Expenses of Personal Nature
Cancellation, No Show and Refund Policy
Cancellation must be in writing and sent by you/your travel agent who made the booking. Cancellations take effect from the date the written notice is received. No refund in full or in part will be given for unutilized services in the package(s) once you commence using the product or service.
- Up to 30 days before the Check-In-Date – Fixed processing fee of USD 30.00 and the balance will be refunded. In case of a refund to be made via an international bank transfer, all bank fees to be borne by the guest. A refund to the credit card is subject to above processing fee only.
- Less than 30 days and in the case of “No Show” – No refunds.
- No refunds will be entertained under whatsoever condition once the guest arrives in Sri Lanka.
- We reserve the right to cancel your holiday because of unforeseen circumstances.