Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Last Kingdom of Sri Lanka, Kandy from Colombo Port
About Last Kingdom of Sri Lanka, Kandy
- Duration : 10 Hours
- Start Time : 0600 hrs
- Starting Point : Colombo Port
- Royal botanical garden, Peradeniya
- Temple of the Tooth Relic
- Kandy city and shopping tour
- Technical Tour
Start your journey at 0600 hrs from Colombo Port and proceed to Kandy and visit The Royal botanical garden of Peradeniya, renowned for its variety of plants which are, ornamental, decorative & medicinal. More than 4000 species including indigenous and introduced plants. This garden is best known for its collection of orchids which is the largest in Asia. (Travel Time 02 ½ to 30 hrs)
Thereafter visit the Temple of the Tooth Relic a UNESCO World Heritage Site which was built in the 16th century as the place of veneration and protection for Lord Buddha’s sacred tooth. Walk through the beautifully embellished passageways and elaborately painted halls, done in red, cream and black. Lounge against delicately carved pillars and get amazed by the beautiful golden statues. Get an unforgettable experience of history and art.
After visiting the Temple of the Tooth Relic have lunch at a place of your choice (At your own expense).
Afterwards go on city and shopping tour in Kandy city Visit a spice garden to learn more about spices and their uses. See how complex batiks are created in a batik factory. Watch master craftsmen create intricate designs from scratch in the woodcarving center. Go to the gem museum to gain more knowledge on jewels and how they are crafted. Make purchases that will be great additions to your home or as a gift to a friend.
On completion begin your journey back to Colombo.
Comfortable walking shoes recommended for this tour. Wearing well covered attire along with Sandals or Flip Flops are recommend for Temple of the Tooth Relic and to all other religious sights of Sri Lanka. Drive time may change due to unpredictable road traffic. Photography stops on the way can be arranged but within locations with reasonable parking areas.
- Transport throughout the tour with an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of an English-Speaking Chauffer Guide.
- Entrance Fees to 1. Royal Botanical Garden, 2. Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic
- 1 Liter of Bottled Mineral Water Per Person.
- Hotel Pick & Drop.
- All Taxes & Service Charges.
- Entrance Fees where not Specified.
- Food or Beverages.
- Gratuities (Optional).
- Expenses of Personal Nature.
Cancellation, No Show and Refund Policy
Cancellation must be in writing and sent by you/your travel agent who made the booking. Cancellations take effect from the date the written notice is received. No refund in full or in part will be given for unutilized services in the package(s) once you commence using the product or service.
- Up to 14 days before the Activity-Date – Fixed processing fee of USD 30.00 and the balance will be refunded. In case of a refund to be made via an international bank transfer, all bank fees to be borne by the guest. A refund to the credit card is subject to above processing fee only.
- Less than 14 days and in case of “No Show” – No Refunds.
- No refunds will be entertained under whatsoever condition once the guest arrives in Sri Lanka.
- We reserve the right to cancel your holiday because of unforeseen circumstances.