Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
The Midland Waterfall Hunt from Kandy
- Visit Sri Lankan waterfalls
- Bathe in the base of waterfalls
- Enjoy a traditional Sri Lankan lunch
- Hotel Pick & Drop
- All Taxes & Service Charges.
- Food or Drinks (where not specified)
- Gratuities (optional).
- Expenses of Personal Nature.
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at the time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at the time of booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Your first stop will be Rahas Falls, a 15m tall waterfall that gushes down a rock crevice. It’s said that a nearby cave was once the refuge of a Sri Lankan king who was trying to hide from foreign invaders. But the most interesting part of the story is the bit of lore that says that the king revealed a hidden mysterious tunnel behind the falls by placing an umbrella in the falls. To this day the villagers in the area state that those who attempt to bath there while alone, see a strange elusive red object within the falls; and if they attempt to find it, they meet their death. You will find that Rahas Ella is very beautiful. But you will not be bathing here as the water is dangerously deep near the falls.
Second on your itinerary will be the 75 m tall Hulu River Falls. Originating from the Knuckles mountain range; the crystal clear water from the falls, ends up in the Victoria reservoir after anointing nearby villages with its spray. Surrounded by trees, bushes, and other such nature; the falls are very photogenic.
Other falls that you will see include the Sari (an traditional draped clothing worn by the women of India and Sri Lanka) shaped Sarii Ella, the 45m tall twin falls of Jodu Ella, two of three waterfalls that flow through Lebanon Tea Estate, the tiny Kosgama Falls and the 50m tall Thaliya Wetuna Falls. You will also get a chance to bathe and swim at some of the falls that are safe.
Along the way you will stop for a traditional Sri Lankan lunch. At approximately 5 pm you will be finishing your tour; and will then be dropped off at your hotel.
Cancellation must be in writing and sent by you/your travel agent who made the booking. Cancellations take effect from the date the written notice is received. No refund in full or in part will be given for unutilized services in the package(s) once you commence using the product or service.
- Up to 14 days before the Activity-Date – Fixed processing fee of USD 30.00 and the balance will be refunded. In case of a refund to be made via an international bank transfer, all bank fees to be borne by the guest. A refund to the credit card is subject to above processing fee only.
- Less than 14 days and in case of “No Show” – No Refunds.
- No refunds will be entertained under whatsoever condition once the guest arrives in Sri Lanka.
- We reserve the right to cancel your holiday because of unforeseen circumstances.