Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Balapitiya and Galle from Colombo
- Visit the Kosgoda Sea Turtle Hatchery
- Go on a lovely boat ride in Madu River.
- A visit to one of the best preserved colonial forts in Asia.
The Coastal Ride in the South of Sri Lanka takes you to the most memorable places you've ever seen! Visit the Kosgoda Turtle hatchery, a safe haven for an endangered species and the perfect place to get acquainted with the local wildlife. Afterward quench your thirst for adventure with a river safari in the Madu Ganga. See the famous Hikkaduwa coral reefs and meet its fishy residents first hand. You will also visit a World Heritage site, a Dutch Fort in Galle which is considered one of the most well preserved forts in all of Asia. You'll never run out of things to see!
What You Can Expect
Leave your hotel at 0700 Hrs. You can have your breakfast (at your own cost) on your way or pack a breakfast from your hotel and then head to the South West coast of the country.
First you will visit the Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery. (Travel Time 1 ½ to 2 Hrs)
Visit the Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery on the Southwestern coast of Sri Lanka. Learn more about the five endangered sea turtle species that come to the shores of Sri Lanka to nest. Learn how the Kosgoda Turtle Care Program helps protect the nests until they hatch and increases the chances of survival for the babies. Get a chance to see, touch and feed baby turtles; or even injured adult turtles that the Turtle Hatchery cares for.
Thereafter, proceed to Balapitiya and go on a lovely Boat Safari in Madu River. (Travel Time 20 to 30 mins)
Go on a wonderful boat ride down the Madu River with its flourishing ecosystem. Pass through the secretive passages created by the mangroves. See the basking crocodiles and water monitors. Visit one of the small islands with its cinnamon harvesting natives. Enjoy the restorative qualities of the famous fish massage.
Thereafter proceed to Galle to and visit Old Colonial City. (Travel Time 40 to 50 mins)
Discover the city of Galle, where the Portuguese and Dutch made their headquarters, and its secrets. Visit the Galle Fort which is one of the best preserved fortifications in Asia. View the Maritime Museum, Galle National Museum and the lighthouse. Walk through the cobblestoned streets with their Dutch names as you learn more about their histories.
On completion of the tour return back to your hotel in Colombo.
Comfortable Walking Shoes Recommended for this tour. Drive time may change due to unpredictable road traffic. Photography stops on the way can be arranged but within locations with reasonable parking areas.
- Transport throughout the tour with an air-conditioned car,
- Service of an English-Speaking Chauffer Guide,
- 1 Liter of Bottled Mineral Water Per Person,
- Hotel Pick & Drop,
- All Taxes & Service Charges.
- Entrance Fees, (Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery, Madu River Boat Safari)
- Food or Drinks,
- Gratuities (Optional),
- Expenses of Personal Nature.
Cancellation PolicyCancellation must be in writing and sent by you/your travel agent who made the booking. Cancellations take effect from the date the written notice is received. No refund in full or in part will be given for unutilized services in the package(s) once you commence using the product or service.
- Up to 14 days before the Activity-Date – Fixed processing fee of USD 30.00 and the balance will be refunded. In case of a refund to be made via an international bank transfer, all bank fees to be borne by the guest. A refund to the credit card is subject to above processing fee only.
- Less than 14 days and in case of “No Show” – No Refunds.
- No refunds will be entertained under whatsoever condition once the guest arrives in Sri Lanka.
- We reserve the right to cancel your holiday because of unforeseen circumstances.