Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Kithulgala White Water Rafting from Colombo
- Exciting rapids
- A rollercoaster ride through white water
- Proper Safety Measures
The Kithulgala White Water Rafting Adventure Tour takes place at the falls in Kithulgala jungle. This is a unique tour opportunity to try out White Water Rafting with proper safety measures. Please be noted that the minimum age limit for this tour is 10 years for safety purposes. Enjoy the thrill of adventure as your whitewater raft down the rapids of a 5km stretch of the Kelani River. Let your adrenaline rise as you are whirled through the foamy rapids in an experience you will never forget.
What You Can Expect
You will be picked up at your hotel at 0700 Hrs. If you are being picked up from Colombo the travel time would be 3 hours, meaning that you reach your destination at 1000 Hrs.
Kithulgala is an area covered in a rainforest. The Kelani River runs through the forest forming several continuous rapids. There are 5 major rapids and 4 minor rapids spread over an area of over 5 km, giving the turbulent white waters. In addition to whitewater rafting; Kithulgala is also a natural centre for many other adventure sports, including abseiling, canyoning, white water and flat water kayaking and many more. As such Kithulgala has an adventure sports base with highly trained instructors, safety equipment and medical assistance if required.
Once you reach Kithulgala, you will be shown a safe place to keep your belongings as you can’t take them with you into the rapids. You will also be assigned an instructor who will show you the techniques to use as well as the necessary safety equipment and measures.
After the presentation, you will be having your rafting session. Your session will run till approximately 1200 Hrs. After that lunch (at your own cost), will be available at the adventure base’s restaurant, which you can select per your choice and price range. You can clean up, get changed and go for your meal. The menu will change according to the chef’s choice of the day. However, all meals are healthy and authentically Sri Lankan.
After your lunch, you will be collecting your personal belongings and start your journey back to Colombo at 1300 Hrs.
Comfortable sports shoes recommended for this tour. Drive time may change due to unpredictable road traffic. Photography stops on the way can be arranged but within locations with reasonable parking areas.
- Transport throughout the tour with an air-conditioned vehicle,
- Service of an English-Speaking Chauffer Guide,
- One white water rafting session,
- 1 Liter of Bottled Mineral Water Per Person,
- Hotel Pick & Drop,
- All Taxes & Service Charges.
- Entrance Fees,
- Food or Drinks,
- Gratuities (Optional),
- Expenses of Personal Nature.
Cancellation, No Show and Refund Policy
Cancellation must be in writing and sent by you/your travel agent who made the booking. Cancellations take effect from the date the written notice is received. No refund in full or in part will be given for unutilized services in the package(s) once you commence using the product or service.
- Up to 14 days before the Activity-Date – Fixed processing fee of USD 30.00 and the balance will be refunded. In case of a refund to be made via an international bank transfer, all bank fees to be borne by the guest. A refund to the credit card is subject to above processing fee only.
- Less than 14 days and in case of “No Show” – No Refunds.
- No refunds will be entertained under whatsoever condition once the guest arrives in Sri Lanka.
- We reserve the right to cancel your holiday because of unforeseen circumstances.