Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Angampora Ancient Martial Arts Workshop
- Various Angampora martial arts demonstrations.
- Chance to learn Angampora techniques from professionals.
This tour gives you the chance to see and experience the ancient Sri Lankan martial art form of Angampora in person. Watch demonstrations of the various high-level techniques of Angampora. View knife fights, gang fights, the art of swords, and much more. Learn some basic Angampora techniques from professionals, if you are interested. This is a wonderfully fun tour for those who are interested in martial and history, or have a great sense of adventure.
What You Can Expect
You will be starting your Angampora tour at 8:00 am from your hotel in Colombo. Your chauffeur will be picking you up and driving you to the Angampora Training Centre in Athurugiriya. You will get there by 9:30 am.
Angampora is an ancient martial artform practiced in Sri Lanka for millennia. According to folklore, the history of this martial arts stretches back to almost 30,000 years. Ancient scripts mention that it was born from the efforts of nine hermits; and the most famous expert of this art is believed to be Rana Ravana, a mythical warrior said to have lived 5,000 years ago. Either way, it indeed fact that it was used in wars for almost two millennia as confirmed by historic evidence presented in carvings from various ancient temples such as the Embekke Devalaya, The temple of the Tooth, etc; and many historic scripts. It was also extremely feared by the British during their invasion; to the extent that they prohibited the art form, burnt all practice huts that they found, and shot the kneecaps of practitioners to maim them.
The combat techniques of Angampora include grappling, striking, and most especially pressure point attacks that can cause pain or even permanent paralysis. It incorporates hand-to-hand fighting with various weaponry; such as knives, swords, staves, maces and more. There are also self-defense techniques, sport, exercise and meditation techniques which can be learned. It is believed that there was also a some secretive Angampora techniques that used incantations and spells for attack.You will be viewing demonstrations of this legendary martial art form at the training center. They will take place for a total of approximately 45 minutes.
After the demonstrations, you will be able to meet with professional Angampora experts and question them on the history and techniques of this art form. They will also be happy to teach you a few basic techniques to protect yourself, enabling you to learn and experience Angampora yourself.At approximately 11:30 am, you will be leaving the Angampora Training Centre. You will be dropped off at your hotel by 1:00 pm, completing your tour.
- Comfortable Walking Shoes Recommended for this tour
- Hotel Pick & Drop, All Taxes.
- Food or Drinks, Gratuities (Optional), Expenses of Personal Nature
Cancellation, No Show and Refund Policy
Cancellation must be in writing and sent by you/your travel agent who made the booking. Cancellations take effect from the date the written notice is received. No refund in full or in part will be given for unutilized services in the package(s) once you commence using the product or service.
- Up to 30 days before the Check-In-Date – Fixed processing fee of USD 30.00 and the balance will be refunded. In case of a refund to be made via an international bank transfer, all bank fees to be borne by the guest. A refund to the credit card is subject to above processing fee only.
- Less than 30 days and in case of “No Show” – No refunds.
- No refunds will be entertained under whatsoever condition once the guest arrives in Sri Lanka.
- We reserve the right to cancel your holiday because of unforeseen circumstances.