Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Handungoda, Galle and Kosgoda from Colombo
- Only Tea Factory situated by the sea and produces white virgin Tea
- Pictures Stilt Fisherman.
- Old Colonia City of Galle.
What You Can Expect
You will be starting your tour at 7:00 am from your hotel in Colombo, where you will be picked up by your chauffeur. The first stop on your tour itinerary will be the Handunugoda Tea Factory which you will reach by 10:00 am. Ceylon Tea has been highly sought after for centuries. However, this tea factory is famous for a different reason. The Handunugoda Tea Factory has reawakened the ancient Chinese tradition of creating Virgin White Tea which is untouched by human hands during the manufacturing process. During the one-and-a-half-hour tour of the factory, you will be getting to see how this mysterious process takes place to create one of the topmost luxury teas of the world.
At 11:30 am you will be travelling to Ahangama for a meetup with stilt fishermen, who are one of the most iconic figures of Sri Lanka. You will be able to see them fishing and learn how they do it by speaking to one of the fishermen. At approximately 12:15 pm you will be proceeding to Garton’s Cape Hotel for your lunch rendezvous. You will get there in approximately 20 minutes where you will be introduced to the chef. You will be treated to a delicious and authentic Sri Lankan Seafood lunch; consisting of Jaffna Crab, Negombo Prawn and the South Coast “Ambul Thiyal” (Sri Lankan style fresh fish curry), along with small crispy fried fish and village grown vegetables cooked to perfection. Whilst you are having your lunch you can watch the live cooking show where the chef will demonstrate the cooking methods of the dishes you are enjoying,
You will be leaving at 2:00 pm for the next stop in your itinerary, Galle City. You will get there at 2:45 pm. This coastal city has withstood three foreign invasions; during which time, it grew from a bustling port which was a main stop for ships travelling east, to a fortified and yet beautiful city with many monuments which have withstood the ravages of time. You will be able to view the Galle Fort which is a World Heritage Site, the Galle Lighthouse, the National Maritime Museum, the picturesque cobblestoned streets with their Dutch names, and many more colonial remnants. You will be finishing your city tour by 4:15 pm.
Finally, you will be going to the Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery. You will get there by 5:00 pm and spend an enjoyable half hour more about the 5 types of sea turtles that visit Sri Lanka for nesting, and how the nests are protected. You will be able to see and touch baby turtles, and view some of the fully-grown turtles that are getting treated for injuries.You will be returning to the hotel after this and completing your excursion by 7:00 pm.
- Comfortable Walking Shoes Recommended for this tour.
- Entrance Fees to Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery, Lunch at Garton’s Cape, Hotel Pick & Drop, All Taxes.
- Food or Drinks, Gratuities (Optional), Expenses of Personal Nature
Cancellation, No Show and Refund Policy
Cancellation must be in writing and sent by you/your travel agent who made the booking. Cancellations take effect from the date the written notice is received. No refund in full or in part will be given for unutilized services in the package(s) once you commence using the product or service.
- Up to 30 days before the Check-In-Date – Fixed processing fee of USD 30.00 and the balance will be refunded. In case of a refund to be made via an international bank transfer, all bank fees to be borne by the guest. A refund to the credit card is subject to above processing fee only.
- Less than 30 days and in case of “No Show” – No refunds.
- No refunds will be entertained under whatsoever condition once the guest arrives in Sri Lanka.
- We reserve the right to cancel your holiday because of unforeseen circumstances.