Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Dutch Foot Print (Colombo-Negombo) Cycling Ride
About The Dutch Foot Print Cycling Ride
This tour allows you to view the remains of the Dutch who invaded Sri Lanka as you cycle along the Western coast of Sri Lanka from Colombo to Negombo. Enjoy the Dutch Colonial architecture that pervades the capital, Colombo. Witness the remnants of the Dutch Inspired Culture within Sri Lanka and also experience the Fisherman Lifestyle as you pedal along the Dutch Canal. Feast your eyes on the colorful birds that make their home in the Muthurajawela Sanctuary. Enjoy a boat safari in the Negombo Lagoon.
- Lagoon Trip in Negombo
- Dickowita Fishery Harboury
- Negombo Salt Fishing Village
Duration: ~ 05 Hours
You will be picked up from your hotel and will be brought to the Mattakukuliya Bridge. You will be starting your cycling tour at 0800 hrs at the Bridge. The route will be 60km long and will take approximately 5 hours. You will be provided with the bicycle and necessary equipment such as helmets. You will also have a cycling guide and a backup vehicle which will be able to respond to any emergencies, in case they occur. The cycling route will have regular rest stops with refreshments such as water and energy bars.
You will ride through the countryside along the Dutch Canal and the Western Coastal Belt in Sri Lanka. While you pass through, you will experience the fishermen lifestyle prevailing in Sri Lanka and might also witness the varying fishing techniques used as well as hear the fishing related folk songs as well.
On route you will visit the Dickowita Fishery Harboury and also a Salt Fishing Village in Negombo. Afterwards you will enjoy a Negombo Lagoon Boat Trip and explore the crab and prawn catching methods employed in the lagoon.
Your tour will be completed at 1500 hrs at the Negombo Fishing Village . At the end of your tour you will be dropped off back at your hotel in Colombo. The cycling route is a soft stretch.
Additional Note - Comfortable cycling shoes recommended for this tour.
Tours Includes –
- Hotel Pickup and Drop.
- Service of an English-Speaking Chauffer Guide.
- Cycling Guide.
- Cycle and Helmets.
- Back up vehicle.
- Lagoon Trip in Negombo
- All Taxes & Service Charges.
Tour Excludes –
- Food or Drinks.
- Gratuities (Optional).
- Expenses of Personal Nature.
Cancellation, No Show and Refund Policy
Cancellation must be in writing and sent by you/your travel agent who made the booking. Cancellations take effect from the date the written notice is received. No refund in full or in part will be given for unutilized services in the package(s) once you commence using the product or service.
- Up to 30 days before the Activity-Date – Fixed processing fee of USD 30.00 and the balance will be refunded. In case of a refund to be made via an international bank transfer, all bank fees to be borne by the guest. A refund to the credit card is subject to above processing fee only.
- Less than 30 days and in case of “No Show” – No refunds.
- No refunds will be entertained under whatsoever condition once the guest arrives in Sri Lanka.
- We reserve the right to cancel your holiday because of unforeseen circumstances.