Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Galle, Koggala and Tangalle from Colombo
- Try street food in Galle.
- Walk down the memory lane of historic Galle.
- Take the photographs with Stilt Fishermen.
Tour a city of Galle and visit the famed Galle Fort and have a chance to see the historic buildings of Galle. Marvel at the skill of the stilt fishermen at Koggala. Finally get that perfect beach experience on the white sands of Tangalle.
What to Expect
Your chauffeur will pick up from your hotel by 0700 hrs. You will arrive Galle by approximately 0900 hrs (Travel time 1 ½ to 2 hrs). Enjoy your breakfast at a place of your choice in Galle (At your own expense).
The first item in your itinerary will be Galle City Tour. At approximately 1000 hrs will walk through Galle’s historic 17C Dutch Fort - a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Galle’s natural harbour has long been a hub of trade dating back to ancient times. The accidental arrival of the Portuguese Lorenzo de Almeida in 1505, when his fleet of ships steered off course following a storm at sea, changed the history of this island nation. The Portuguese were followed by the Dutch and then the British in 1796. With each occupation, Galle’s landscape changed and the cultural influences remained. Galle Fort covers nearly four sq. kms and is protected by 12 bastions and connecting ramparts.
Wonder the maze of narrow cobblestone paved roadways lined with colonial period buildings still in use and old merchant houses where generations of Moorish families still live. Take a walk along the sturdy ramparts looking out to sea and visit colonial period churches, the lighthouse and museums. Along the way, stop by for a cup of Ceylon Tea or fresh king coconut. This fascinating excursion will give you a memorable glimpse into life within Galle Fort – one of the best preserved Colonial Fort’s in Asia. After a nice two and half hours spent experiencing its glory, you will be leaving Galle at approximately 1230 hrs.
Thereafter proceed to Koggala for a meet up with stilt fishermen, who are one of the most iconic figures of Sri Lanka. (Travel time 30 to 45 minutes) You will be able to see them fishing and learn how they do it by speaking to one of the fishermen.
At approximately 1345 hrs you will be having a lunch at a place of your choice (At your own expense). Thereafter at approximately 1445 hrs proceed to Tangalle city (Travel time 1 ½ to 2 hrs), which is the palm fringed bay and picturesque coves of Tangalle are a natural treasure. Exhibiting fine beaches which are good for swimming and more than reasonable for diving, Tangalle is a popular beach destination on the south coast. It is believed that the name is derived from ran-gala or golden rock, from a legend that tells of a time when a holy man once partook of a meal there, and the rock was turned to gold whilst further research also reveals that it means the “projecting rock”, because long ago the town was protected from the ocean by a long rocky slab that projected into the sea across the mouth of the bay.
After spending a relaxing time at Tangalle beach and, you will be returning to Colombo by 1830 hrs. You will get back to your hotel at 2030 hrs completing the tour. (Travel time 2 ½ to 3 hrs)
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended for this tour.
- Transport throughout the tour with an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of an English-Speaking Chauffer Guide.
- 1 Liter of Bottled Mineral Water Per Person.
- Hotel Pick & Drop.
- All Taxes & Service Charges.
- Entrance Fees (If any).
- Food or Drinks.
- Gratuities (Optional).
- Expenses of Personal Nature.
Cancellation, No Show and Refund Policy
Cancellation must be in writing and sent by you/your travel agent who made the booking. Cancellations take effect from the date the written notice is received. No refund in full or in part will be given for unutilized services in the package(s) once you commence using the product or service.
- Up to 30 days before the Activity-Date – Fixed processing fee of USD 30.00 and the balance will be refunded. In case of a refund to be made via an international bank transfer, all bank fees to be borne by the guest. A refund to the credit card is subject to above processing fee only.
- Less than 30 days and in case of “No Show” – No refunds.
- No refunds will be entertained under whatsoever condition once the guest arrives in Sri Lanka.
- We reserve the right to cancel your holiday because of unforeseen circumstances.