Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Highland Highlights from Kandy
- Visit UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Visit the picturesque hill country
- Bask in marvelous of Ramboda Falls.
- See the beauty at Hakgala Botanical Gardens
Highlands from Sri Lanka is a trip for those who appreciate true beauty of landscapes and the Culture. You will walk through the last kingdom of Sri Lanka, and hear the stories of times past. Visit the lush green tea estates of the hill country. Wander around the Commercial City of Sri Lanka and explore the secrets of it. Have a truly Sri Lankan experience with a cup of Ceylon Tea or fresh King Coconuts. A tour of immense charm
What You Can Expect
Go into the chilly highlands of Sri Lanka and take in the spectacular mountain top views and majestic waterfalls. Sri Lanka is world renowned for its amazing tea. In fact, all of the country's tea comes from its highlands. The humidity, climate and cool atmosphere all play a part in giving Ceylon Tea its unique taste. You can witness this rich heritage by visiting tea estates, as well as working tea factories and get hands on experience on the art of tea making. Tea isn't the only thing grown in these areas, as the amazing climate allows some other beautiful flora to blossom here, as well. Visit the Hakgala Botanical Gardens and be mesmerized by the enchanting flowers of the region. You could also visit the serene Lake Gregory and calm your senses to the hypnotic lapping of water at its banks.
Kandy - Ramboda (1.75 hours, 65.4 km) at 7am you'll proceed to Nuwara Eliya. On your way, visit Ramboda Falls for 30-minutes. Ramboda Falls, at 109m (357ft) high, is the 11th highest waterfall in Sri Lanka and one of the highest waterfalls in the world. It is situated in Pussellawa area, on the A5 highway at Ramboda Pass.
Ramboda - Labookellie (20 minutes, 10.7km) Visit Mackwoods Tea Estate Labookellie at approximately 9:45am. Sri Lanka is one of the world's largest exporters of tea. Since the introduction of the plant to Sri Lanka in mid-19th century, Nuwara Eliya has been the capital of the tea industry. For many miles prior to reaching Nuwara Eliya, from either direction, you will find acres and acres of tea plantations. There are many factories open for visitors which also have tea sales outlets.
Have a 1-hour break for lunch (not included) from 1pm to 2pm. Labookellie - Nuwara Eliya - Hakgala Gardens (45 minutes, 22km) Spend 2 leisurely hours at Hakgala Botanical Gardens. Hakgala - Gregory Lake 17:00 p.m. (15 min, 7km)
Lake Gregory is one of the most significant tourist attractions in Nuwara Eliya. You can casually enjoy some activities in the evening such as taking a long walk or even relaxing near the cool waters of the lakeside.Begin your journey back to Kandy at approximately 18:30.
- Comfortable Walking Shoes Recommended for this tour.
- Hotel Pick & Drop, and All Taxes.
- Food or Drinks, Gratuities (Optional), Expenses of Personal Nature
Cancellation, No Show and Refund Policy
Cancellation must be in writing and sent by you/your travel agent who made the booking. Cancellations take effect from the date the written notice is received. No refund in full or in part will be given for unutilized services in the package(s) once you commence using the product or service.
- Up to 30 days before the Check-In-Date – Fixed processing fee of USD 30.00 and the balance will be refunded. In case of a refund to be made via an international bank transfer, all bank fees to be borne by the guest. A refund to the credit card is subject to above processing fee only.
- Less than 30 days and in case of “No Show” – No refunds.
- No refunds will be entertained under whatsoever condition once the guest arrives in Sri Lanka.
- We reserve the right to cancel your holiday because of unforeseen circumstances.