Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Nuwara Eliya From Kandy By Train
- One of the Best Scenic Train Ride in the World
- Misty Hill Country.
- Visit a Tea Factory
The Nuwara Eliya Tour from Kandy gives you a very special chance to spend a spectacular day in the ‘Little England’ of Ceylon, Nuwara Eliya. Enjoy the views of rolling green fields of tea as you travel in a scenic train journey from Peradeniya to Nanuoya. Travel up the tightly winding mountain roads to the City of Nuwara Eliya. Go on a tour of this city that was once the holiday resort town of the British. See the old colonial style mansions and calm Lake Gregory. Send a pretty post card from the historic post office. Visit Blue Field Tea Factory and get a chance to purchase some fresh tea. Watch the sinking sun glint on Ramboda Falls on your way back to Kandy
What You Can Expect
The Kandy to Nanu Oya train journey takes you on scenic ride through some of the most beautiful highland countryside areas in Sri Lanka. Watch the brilliant greens carpets of the tea plantations. See the picturesque villages with misty mountain backdrops pass by. Peer through drizzle and mist to look at the magical landscapes of Hill Country. Enjoy the amazing sights of intimidating mountains, deep and dark woodlands, and magnificent waterfalls as they go by your windows. (Travel Times - 3 hrs) Visit a Tea Factory and a plantation where you would see how the world’s famous “Ceylon Tea” is manufactured. In 1824 a tea plant was brought to Ceylon by the British from China and was planted in the Royal Botanical Gardens in Peradeniya for non-commercial purposes. James Taylor was a British citizen who introduced commercial tea plantation in Sri Lanka (Ceylon). He arrived to Sri Lanka in 1852 and settled down in Loolecondera estate in Kandy. Today even people who have never heard of Sri Lanka are familiar with Ceylon tea, which is known for its quality.Thereafter go on a City Tour in Nuwara Eliya City.Visit the highland city that was the premium holiday resort town of the British in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Enjoy walking through the streets with their pretty little cottages, quaint villas and beautiful mansions. Make a memory in the old red-bricked post office as you purchase an inexpensive and colorful postcard to take home or send to your friends. Relax at Queen Victoria Park or on the shores of Lake Gregory.Finally enjoy Traditional Lunch at a Later that evening return back to your hotel in Kandy.
- Comfortable Walking Shoes Recommended for this tour
- Scenic Train Ride, Hotel Pick & Drop, All Taxes.
- Food or Drinks, Gratuities (Optional), Expenses of Personal Nature and Entrance Fees to Lake Gregory.
Cancellation, No Show and Refund Policy
Cancellation must be in writing and sent by you/your travel agent who made the booking. Cancellations take effect from the date the written notice is received. No refund in full or in part will be given for unutilized services in the package(s) once you commence using the product or service.
- Up to 30 days before the Check-In-Date – Fixed processing fee of USD 30.00 and the balance will be refunded. In case of a refund to be made via an international bank transfer, all bank fees to be borne by the guest. A refund to the credit card is subject to above processing fee only.
- Less than 30 days and in case of “No Show” – No refunds.
- No refunds will be entertained under whatsoever condition once the guest arrives in Sri Lanka.
- We reserve the right to cancel your holiday because of unforeseen circumstances.
Train tickets subject to availability.