Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Galle City Tour, Madu River Safari and Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery from Bentota
• Visit to Galle Dutch Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
• Madu River Boat Safari
• Visit to Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery, Conservation and Research Center
- Transport throughout the tour in a private, air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of an English Speaking Chauffeur.
- 1 Liter of Bottled Mineral Water Per Person.
- Hotel Pick-up & Drop-off (from & to hotel in Bentota / Aluthgama)
- All Taxes & Service Charges.
- Food or Drinks
- Gratuities (Optional)
- Expenses of Personal Nature
- Entrance Fees to Madu River Safari
- Entrance Fees to Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery
- Comfortable Walking Shoes Recommended for this tour
What You Can Expect:
You will be starting your tour from Bentota at 8:00 am. Your chauffeur will be picking you up from your hotel and driving you to Balapitiya. You will reach the Madu River by 8:45 am, and will embark on a one-hour river safari.
This area of Balapitiya has a rich and dense ecosystem with swampy waters that support entire forests of mangroves, crocodiles, boars and marsh animals, and a large variety of waterbirds; including cormorants and pelicans. You will be travelling through secretive waterways created by mangrove tunnels and viewing tiny islands; some with temples or cinnamon pluckers, who you can buy fresh cinnamon from. You may also visit the fish massage parlor that stands on stilts, stretched over a portion of the river.
Once you have disembarked from your boat, you will be travelling to Unawatuna, which is a one-hour drive away. You will get there by 11:45 am, and be spending an hour on the beach. You can bring a beach towel and some sunscreen if you wish to get a tan; or you can simply jog down the beach enjoying the fresh sea air, and bright warm sun. At 1:00 pm you will be heading to a hotel of your choice in Unawatuna to have lunch. There are quite a few hotels that serve great seafood too. You can select one according to your budget, as it will be at your own cost.
At 2:00 pm you will be proceeding to the city of Galle. You will get there by 2:30 pm and will be viewing the various attractions of this picturesque colonial era city. Some of the most important places you will see are the Galle Fort which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the Galle Lighthouse, the National Maritime Museum, the Dutch Reformed Church, and more; all while walking through beautifully historic cobblestoned streets with their Dutch names.
At 3:30 pm you will be leaving for Kosgoda. You will reach the Turtle Hatchery by 5:00 pm, and will be spending a productive 30 minutes there. Five of the seven endangered sea turtle species from all around the world return to Sri Lankan shores to lay their eggs. You will learn more about these turtles and their life cycles. The turtle hatchery will show you the methods that are used to protect the eggs and baby turtles; which have a low rate of survival when left in the wild on their own. You will be able to see and hold some of the newly hatched babies which are due to be sent to the sea in the coming days; and possibly even see a fully-grown turtle or two which may be there to be treated for injuries.
At 5:30 pm you will be beginning you drive back to Bentota. You’ll get back to the hotel by 6:00 pm, completing your tour.
Cancellation, No Show and Refund Policy
Cancellation must be in writing and sent by you/your travel agent who made the booking. Cancellations take effect from the date the written notice is received. No refund in full or in part will be given for unutilized services in the package(s) once you commence using the product or service.
(1) Up to 30 days before the Check-In-Date – Fixed processing fee of USD 30.00 and the balance will be refunded. In case of a refund to be made via an international bank transfer, all bank fees to be borne by the guest. A refund to the credit card is subject to above processing fee only.
(2) Less than 30 days and in case of “No Show” – No refunds.
(3) No refunds will be entertained under whatsoever condition once the guest arrives in Sri Lanka.
(4) We reserve the right to cancel your tour because of unforeseen circumstances.