Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Deep sea Fishing in Bentota
Regular price $343.00
About Deep sea Fishing in Bentota
- Deep sea fishing is a great way to kick-start your day and requires an early start as well. You will experience fishing in some of most bountiful waters as the Indian Ocean holds species of fish including tuna, jackfish, red and white snapper, barracuda, small sharks, groupers, dorado, giant trevally and the spectacular wahoo.
- Your fishing experience will begin at 6 a.m. from the docks and take you out on a 4-hour (or longer on request) fishing expedition. Safety and comfort is paramount to us and our boat will be fully equipped with GPS, lavatory facilities, a cabin and lifejackets. We will also provide our clients with fishing equipment, bait as well as refreshments. If you are lucky with your catch, we will even prepare the fish for you in our restaurant during our lunch service or you can take it back with you.
- For deep sea fishing we recommend you use our range of trolling rods and reels while we offer both live and artificial bait. Our boats will be skippered by professional fishermen with many years of experience in game fishing.
- The Indian Ocean off the coast of Bentota – Sri Lanka, offers some of the richest sources of deep sea fish in the world. Our deep sea fishing tours takes you to the heart of the warm, nutrient rich waters, which contain a wide range of game fish. The tour is suited to experienced anglers as well as first-timers, and makes for an unforgettable adventure.
- An exciting excursion to add to your list of “thing to do in Bentota”.
- This is a wonderful, 3 to 4 hour deep sea and fishing tour. As you go deeper towards the shelf, Sail fish, Blue or Black Marlene, Tuna, Wahoo and a few more rare species could be hooked.
- You will be let by an experienced and knowledgeable fishing guide.
- Arrive back in the harbour and proceed with your guide to a beach hut where you will be able to enjoy BBQ lunch with chilled beer. After lunch, you will be driven back to your hotel.
- Meeting point – Bentota Harbour
- Meeting time Morning – 7 a.m. (most preferred) Evening – 2:30 p.m.
- Preferred starting time: 8 a.m. at the trail start point.
- Duration of tour: Max. 4 hours
- Maximum 6 pax per boat
- Possible period November-April
- You will be picked up and brought back from any hotel in Bentota. If you are away from Bentota, additional charges may apply. Alternatively, you could come to the meeting point on your own.
- Experienced English-speaking fishing guide
- Boat charter fee
- Hire of complete sport fishing equipment
- Light refreshment and drinking water
- Government tax
- Transportation to and from starting point
- Any tip for staff
- Extra foods and beverages consumed
- Details of boat.
- Length – 30 feet.
- Width – 10 feet.
- Engine – 2 OBM engines – Total 140HP.
- Boat consists of a cabin, toilet and a fighting chair.