Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Galle Cycling tour
Regular price $50.00
About Galle Cycling tour
- Transportation to starting point and from the end point of the cycle trail
- The cost of any extra beverages and food (including snacks) consumed during the tour
- Entrance fees to the tour sites
- The cost of any optional activities
- Any tips or gratuities given to the attending staff
- Any other expenses not mentioned in the “Included in the price” section
- Taking a day trip to Galle and its outskirts is an experience that can get you up close and personal to the South’s largest and most important city. There is an array of exciting things to do in Galle and the best way to explore this city is on two wheels.
- Take a ride amid the stunning scenery in Galle town and its suburbs, through paddy fields, tea estates and rubber and cinnamon plantations.
- The morning tours are breathtakingly beautiful amongst many flocks of birds that can be observed in the marshlands that surround the serene Koggala Lake.
- You get an opportunity to visit the low country tea factory – Kahanda Kanda Tea Factory
- Get up close and observe the interesting daily routines of villagers and city dwellers in Galle.
- There are dozens of culturally and historically significant places to visit in Galle. Track all the major attractions in the region including Unawatuna Beach, the Rumassala mountain and the world-famous Galle Dutch Fort.
- You can explore the colonial background that shaped the region and the country from the 16th to the 20th centuries.
- Experience the diverse climatic conditions in southern Sri Lanka.
- If cycling is not enough, you can take a boat ride on the scenic Koggala Lake.
- Most importantly this is an excellent community-based tour led by a knowledgeable and experienced cycle guide, so in turn you contribute to the wellbeing of the local community.
- Preferred starting time of the tour is 8:00 a.m. or 4:00 p.m. to maximise opportunities of the day
- Starting point: Miliduwa
- Duration: this is a half-day programme
- Cycles, including helmets
- The services of a knowledgeable and experienced local cycle guide from the community for the duration of the tour
- Bottled drinking water for the duration of the tour
- Packed snacks and refreshments for the tour
- All Government taxes and service fees
- As the weather in Sri Lanka is not predictable, guests are advised to bring suitable clothing for warm, windy, and rainy conditions
- Items such as insect repellent and sun protective lotions are highly recommended, and should be brought and carried by guests
- Lightweight clothes and biking shoes/boots should be worn during the ride
- Bottles of water and refreshments should be carried by guests over the duration of the tour