Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Sigiriya and Village from Negombo
• Visit the 8th Wonder of the World
• Embrace the Marvelous of Sigiriya Rock Fortress.
• A Tour through the a Traditional Village in Sigiriya
• Enjoy a Sri Lanka Village Lunch during the Village Safari.
What You Can Expect
Rising from the central plains, the iconic rocky outcrop of Sigiriya is perhaps Sri Lanka's single most dramatic sight. Near-vertical walls soar to a flat-topped summit that contains the ruins of an ancient civilization, thought to be once the epicenter of the short-lived kingdom of Kassapa, and there are spellbinding vistas across mist-wrapped forests in the early morning.
Climb the 5th century AD rock fortress, Sigiriya, where the King Kasyapa ruled. Walk through the entrance framed by the paws of a lion that is quite appropriate for its name, ' the Lion Rock'. View the beautiful unfading murals that brought Sigiriya its fame. Climb the steep staircase to see the terraced gardens and still-working cisterns. Walk through the tunnels leading to the palace as you get a feel for times long past.
Thereafter proceed to Sigiriya to experience a village tour. (Travel Time 20 to 30 mins)
The trek begins with an awesome walk along a bund of a “Wewa” or man-made reservoir. Thereafter you will enjoy a Bullock Cart Ride while enjoying sightseeing of the rural village life. Your next phase of adventure will be a “Catamaran Safari” (Double paired canoe joined together with seating facility) at the scenic lake.
Finally enjoy Traditional Lunch at a local house prepared by the village women. This is arranged on a typical & traditional Buffet style (Clay pots – buffet) served on a Lotus leaf and a cane thatched flat holder. You will also have the opportunity to witness the traditional meal preparation methods by the local women and to partake on preparation of a curry. At the end, visitors will be having a Tuk-Tuk (three wheeler) tour back to the starting point. Total tour will be 8 km.
Later that evening return back to your hotel in Negombo.
Additional Note – Comfortable Walking Shoes Recommended for this tour.
Tours Includes – Hotel Pickup and drop-off, Authentic Sri Lankan village lunch.
Tours Excludes – Food or Drinks, Gratuities (Optional), Expenses of Personal Nature, Entrance fees and other services not mentioned above.
Cancellation, No Show and Refund Policy
Cancellation must be in writing and sent by you/your travel agent who made the booking. Cancellations take effect from the date the written notice is received. No refund in full or in part will be given for unutilized services in the package(s) once you commence using the product or service.
- Up to 30 days before the Check-In-Date – Fixed processing fee of USD 30.00 and the balance will be refunded. In case of a refund to be made via an international bank transfer, all bank fees to be borne by the guest. A refund to the credit card is subject to above processing fee only.
- Less than 30 days and in case of “No Show” – No refunds.
- No refunds will be entertained under whatsoever condition once the guest arrives in Sri Lanka.
- We reserve the right to cancel your holiday because of unforeseen circumstances.