Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Pinnawala from Negombo
- Visit the sanctuary of the Gentle Giants.
- Have a fun with Elephants
During this full day tour to Pinnawala, this tour allows you to have some one-on-one fun with the elephants. Spend some time feeding and playing with baby elephants in the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage. Watch the elephants as they bathe and roll in the mud to get cool. Learn more about elephants than you have ever before.
What You Can Expect
Your tour starts at 6:30 am, when you get picked up from your hotel in Colombo. Ensure that you bring a packed breakfast with you, if you didn’t have your meal yet. You can have it en route. It will take you till 9:00 am to get to the Pinnawala Elephant orphanage. The orphanage was created in 1975 to house orphaned or injured elephants. It is currently home to a herd of over 90 elephants.
Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage is the home for young Elephants who have been displaced or lost from their natural habitat, located at Pinnawala village in Sabaragamuwa province of Sri Lanka. Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage is the best place for an up close and personal experience with the world’s largest land mammals! Today with 70 elephants herein, Pinnawela has become the home to the largest captive group of elephants in the world. Feeding time at 9:15 am.
The Orphanage is open from 8.30am to 5.45pm and visitors can interact a little with the elephants during the regulated bathing and feeding times. The baby elephants gulp down several huge bottles of milk, fed to them by their mahouts, and then it’s off to the river for a bath. The inherent gentleness of the animals is most obvious during this time. Most of the elephants eventually become ‘working’ elephants, and some older females occasionally add a baby to the herd.
You will be spending approximately three hours at Pinnawala. Shortly after you arrive you will be able to take part in the feeding sessions with the elephants and later watch them bathe. You will also be walking around the orphanage seeing the facility and getting more information.You will be finishing the tour at 11:00 am and returning to your hotel by 2:00 pm.
- Comfortable Walking Shoes Recommended for this tour.
- Entrance Fees to Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, Hotel Pick & Drop, All Taxes
- Food or Drinks, Gratuities (Optional), Expenses of Personal Nature
Cancellation, No Show and Refund Policy
Cancellation must be in writing and sent by you/your travel agent who made the booking. Cancellations take effect from the date the written notice is received. No refund in full or in part will be given for unutilized services in the package(s) once you commence using the product or service.
- Up to 30 days before the Check-In-Date – Fixed processing fee of USD 30.00 and the balance will be refunded. In case of a refund to be made via an international bank transfer, all bank fees to be borne by the guest. A refund to the credit card is subject to above processing fee only.
- Less than 30 days and in case of “No Show” – No refunds.
- No refunds will be entertained under whatsoever condition once the guest arrives in Sri Lanka.
- We reserve the right to cancel your holiday because of unforeseen circumstances.