Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Diving in Negombo
About Diving in Negombo
Do get in touch with your sales consultant as soon as the booking is confirmed, where you will be advised on the meeting point.
You will be met by the excursion leader at this point. After the documentation, safety briefing and equipment check, we will be heading to your preferred dive sites.
Negombo offers its waters to those who seek an unforgettable underwater adventure. Plunge into the warm Indian Ocean and get a first-hand look at some of most amazing marine life you are likely to see.
Due to the monsoon seasons, the best time to go diving in Negombo is between November and April. With several intriguing diving sites available, you can even choose to enjoy wreck diving.
Negombo dive sites are categorised to rims based on the distance from the show. Please refer to the bottom of this page to pick the sites you may like. If you need any advice we could get one of our dive experts to call you. All essential equipment is provided with a fully-trained and experienced UDI and PADI instructors. Your safety always comes first.
- Negombo is considered to be one of the best locations to deep see game fish on Sri Lanka's West Coast.
- The convenient distance from the international airport (15 km) makes it easy to add a dive trip in Negombo at the beginning or end of your holiday in Sri Lanka.
- Equally good as a “thing to do in Negombo” and as an activity to do during a long beach stay in Negombo.
- The hidden world in Negombo has remained relatively unspoiled even with the throngs of tourists that visit every year.
- Visitors get the chance to dive into these waters to witness the colourful and exotic life that thrives beneath the surface. Vibrant corals, schools of multi-coloured fish and interesting shipwrecks are aplenty in this underwater paradise.
- Excellent marine life: Schools of barracuda, travelly, fusiliers, blue stripe snappers, honey comb moray, large schools of goldline, spinetrek, Oriental sweet lips, Yellow jack, lobsters, and rays are some of the fishes that could be seen.
- Excellent shipwrecks: Wreck Chief Dragon, Taprobane wreck, and Aircraft carrier wreck of 1945 are some of the best.
- You will be led by an experienced and knowledgeable diver master.
- Availability - November to April
- Meeting point - Could be mutually agreed upon or you may directly come to the dive station
- Best possible times - Early morning hours 9 a.m.
- Possible to extend the activity with accommodation and other activities like fishing
- Professional instructor
- Boat fees and wages for the boatman
- All snacks and refreshments
- Government tax
- Any transportation
- Any tips to the staff
- The above packages are only for experienced divers with a valid internationally recognised license (such as PADI)
- Personal effects for warm, windy, rainy conditions.
- Insect repellent and sun lotion.