Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Millennium Elephant Foundation From Negombo
- Visit the sanctuary of the Gentle Giants
- Have a fun with Elephants.
Duration: ~ 08 Hours
During this full day tour to Pinnawala, this tour allows you to have some one-on-one fun with the elephants. Spend some time feeding and playing with baby elephants in the Millennium Elephant Foundation. Watch the elephants as they bathe and roll in the mud to get cool. Learn more about elephants than you have ever before.
What You Can Expect
Your tour starts at 0700 hrs when you get picked up from your hotel in Negombo. Ensure that you bring a packed breakfast with you, if you are unable to have your meal at the hotel. It will take you till 0930 hrs to get to the Millennium Elephant Foundation.
The Millennium Elephant Foundation (MEF) is a family run non-government organization (NGO) dedicated to improving the welfare of domestic elephants throughout Sri Lanka. The Foundation provide and fund the care, medical treatments, food, mahout salaries, the running costs of the charity as well as having an on call Mobile Veterinary Unit which travels around the country treating sick elephants in need. The Elephant Walk Experience is another alternative to elephant riding for tourists, which is an ethical, up close and personal experience for tourists.
You will be spending approximately two hours at Pinnawala. Shortly after you arrive you will be able experience the feeding session and later watch them bathe.
You will be finishing the tour at 1100 hrs and returning to your hotel in Negombo by 1500 hrs. You may stop for lunch on your way back to Negombo or even have lunch during your time in Pinnawala (At your own expense).
Comfortable walking shoes recommended for this tour. Drive time may change due to unpredictable road traffic. Photography stops on the way can be arranged but within locations with reasonable parking areas.
- Transport throughout the tour with an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of an English-Speaking Chauffer Guide.
- 1 Liter of Bottled Mineral Water Per Person.
- Hotel Pick & Drop.
- All Taxes & Service Charges.
- Entrance Fees (Millennium Elephant Foundation).
- Food or Drinks.
- Gratuities (Optional).
- Expenses of Personal Nature.
Cancellation must be in writing and sent by you/your travel agent who made the booking. Cancellations take effect from the date the written notice is received. No refund in full or in part will be given for unutilized services in the package(s) once you commence using the product or service.
- Up to 14 days before the Activity-Date – Fixed processing fee of USD 30.00 and the balance will be refunded. In case of a refund to be made via an international bank transfer, all bank fees to be borne by the guest. A refund to the credit card is subject to above processing fee only.
- Less than 14 days and in case of “No Show” – No Refunds.
- No refunds will be entertained under whatsoever condition once the guest arrives in Sri Lanka.
- We reserve the right to cancel your holiday because of unforeseen circumstances.