Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Anuradhapura and Mihintale
- Walk through Ancient Kingdoms.
- Visit Sacred Anuradhapura City.
- Visit to UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Marvelous Buddha Statue
Walk through the ancient ruined city of Anuradhapura, which was the capital for over a millennium until the 10th century AD. View the pagodas, monastic buildings and ponds that are scatter all over the vast area. Visit important landmarks such as Jetavanarama, which was one of the tallest buildings of the ancient world, the Sri Maha Bodhi and the ruins of the huge Abhayagiri Monastery. Gain more knowledge about Sri Lanka's history as you walk in the footsteps of Kings.
What You Can Expect
Join this 10-hour day tour to Anuradhapura from Dambulla and make your visit to Sri Lanka a splendid one! Your guide will pick you up from your Dambulla hotel and take you to explore the most cultural sites in Anuradhapura. Head to lunch before your guide takes you to Mihintale, a central mountain peak that is thought of by some, to be the symbol of Buddhism.Dambulla – Anuradhapura (Travel Time 1 to 1 ½ Hour).Enjoy breakfast at your Dambulla accommodation before your 8am pickup. Head out with your guide and begin your 1.5-hour drive to Anuradhapura for a 9:30am arrival.Your guide will give you a tour of the city including ancient monuments such as Sri Maha Bodhi and Thuparamaya.After visiting Anuradhapura, take a 1-hour break at 2:30pm for lunch at a local restaurant (at your own expense) Anuradhapura (Travel Time 20 to 30 Mins) After lunch, make a 30-minute drive to Mihintale, one of the most significant sites in the cultural triangle. Mihintale is a mountain peak near Anuradhapura in Sri Lanka. It is believed by Sri Lankans to be the site of a meeting between the Buddhist monk Mahinda and King Devanampiyatissa which inaugurated the presence of Buddhism in Sri Lanka. Here, your guide will take the lead and give you historical background about this background. Finally, at approximately 5:30pm you will be transferred back to your Dambulla hotel.
- Comfortable Walking Shoes Recommended for this tour.
- Hotel Pick & Drop, and All Taxes
- Food or Drinks, Gratuities (Optional), Expenses of Personal Nature and Entrance Fees not mentioned above.
Cancellation, No Show and Refund Policy
Cancellation must be in writing and sent by you/your travel agent who made the booking. Cancellations take effect from the date the written notice is received. No refund in full or in part will be given for unutilized services in the package(s) once you commence using the product or service.
- Up to 30 days before the Check-In-Date – Fixed processing fee of USD 30.00 and the balance will be refunded. In case of a refund to be made via an international bank transfer, all bank fees to be borne by the guest. A refund to the credit card is subject to above processing fee only.
- Less than 30 days and in case of “No Show” – No refunds.
- No refunds will be entertained under whatsoever condition once the guest arrives in Sri Lanka.
- We reserve the right to cancel your holiday because of unforeseen circumstances.