Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Sigiriya Village Tour and Lunch
- Oxen Cart Ride.
- Traditional catamaran safari.
- A walk through the fields.
- Cooking demonstration on traditional Sri Lankan food.
- Delicious authentic Sri Lankan village lunch included.
The Sigiriya Village Tour gives you a chance to experience traditional Sri Lanka with all its authenticity. Spend time with the villagers and understand village life. Engage in many village activities that form everyday life; such as an oxen cart ride, a catamaran ride and a walk through the fields. Learn to cook traditional Sri Lankan food. You will finish off with an exceptionally delicious buffet lunch, served in classic Sri Lankan style. This is your truly Sri Lankan holiday experience
What You Can Expect
You will be starting your Sigiriya Village Tour at 10:30 am. You will be provided with directions to the village, where you will be met by your tour guide at the time of starting. You will have a quick walk around the village while your guide speaks to you about village life.You will begin the first of your activities at approximately 10:45 am. The oxen cart is commonly used as the primary mode of transport in Sri Lankan villages. You will have a 15 minute oxen cart ride, ending at the banks of an artificial reservoir.
From this point, you will continue on to a 15 minute traditional catamaran ride. The area has many types of aquatic and plant life. You may be able to catch sight of an occasional crocodile or water monitor as you glide along. Another possible sighting are cormorants and other waterbirds. After you enjoy your time with nature, you will be deposited on a bank adjoining some paddy fields.
These seasonal paddy cultivations, also called ‘Chena’ cultivations, are dependent on the two major monsoon rain periods that take the place of winter in Sri Lanka. The walk through the fields will allow you to see the paddy cultivation first-hand. This quick tour will last 15 minutes and your guide will update you with more information about the local methods of rice cultivation.You will then move back to the village and be introduced to a local, who will give you a half hour cooking demonstration on traditional Sri Lankan cooking. The demonstration will also allow you to make your own attempt at cooking a Sri Lankan dish.
You will be having lunch right after at 12:15 pm. Lunch will be a buffet of perfectly cooked rice with 6 traditionally cooked Sri Lankan curries and fresh fried fish. You will also have a green salad and crunchy papadum, practically an essential addition for meals in most Sri Lankan and Indian homes. You will be eating on woven trays with clean lotus leaves on top. Your food which will be cooked in the traditional way, in clay pots over wood fires.After the rather relaxing meal, you can spend some time in the village at your ease. Your tour guide will finish off your tour at 1:30 pm at the Sigiriya Village square.
- Comfortable Walking Shoes Recommended for this tour.
- Authentic Sri Lankan village lunch. Local guide, Oxen Cart Ride, Traditional catamaran safari, a walk through the fields.
- Food or Drinks, Gratuities (Optional), Expenses of Personal Nature
Cancellation, No Show and Refund Policy
Cancellation must be in writing and sent by you/your travel agent who made the booking. Cancellations take effect from the date the written notice is received. No refund in full or in part will be given for unutilized services in the package(s) once you commence using the product or service.
- Up to 30 days before the Check-In-Date – Fixed processing fee of USD 30.00 and the balance will be refunded. In case of a refund to be made via an international bank transfer, all bank fees to be borne by the guest. A refund to the credit card is subject to above processing fee only.
- Less than 30 days and in case of “No Show” – No refunds.
- No refunds will be entertained under whatsoever condition once the guest arrives in Sri Lanka.
- We reserve the right to cancel your holiday because of unforeseen circumstances.