Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Hot Air Ballooning in the Cultural Triangle of Sri Lanka
Regular price $210.00
About Hot Air Ballooning in the Cultural Triangle of Sri Lanka
- 05.15 -06:15 a.m. - Transfer from hotel to takeoff point. Pickup time will be confirmed the evening prior.
- 07.00 - 07:30 a.m. - Experience assisting the pilot and crew in preparing the balloon for takeoff. Our experienced crew will help you assist in getting the 350,000 cu foot envelope ready for inflation which is almost as memorable as the journey. Enjoy the picturesque landscape at sunrise, as nature awakens to the first rays of the sun.
- 08:00 - 08.30 a.m. - Landing and then the endeavors of the retrieval by our ground crew together with the pilot, at his best, displaying the finer techniques of landings and maneuvers. It’s all part of the flight experience. The final pack-up of the envelope and equipment plus lots of laughs and photos add to the memories.
- 08.30 – 09.30 a.m. - Coming down to earth and the reality of returning to life as seen from the ground, we head for a deserved breakfast of champagne and fresh tropical fruits. Our driver will meet you and with the pilot you will return to your hotel with your flight certificate in hand.
- Exciting adventure not to be missed. Especially if you are in the right location (Cultural Triangle of Sri Lanka) at the right time (April to November).
- One of the reasons hot air ballooning is so unique is the aerial view you get of the surrounding area. You are able to have different views every time you fly.
- The beauty of the sunrise landscape you see from a hot air balloon is something you can’t see any other way.
- Plenty of photo and filming opportunities.
- Champagne and fruits upon landing.
- Ideal way to give a surprise gift to your loved ones.
- Availability – November to April
- Pick up time – 5.15 a.m. from your hotel. However, it will depend on the distance to the launch site
- Starting point – D.S Senanayake College Grounds, Kandalama.
- Launch sites may change depending on the wind direction and speeds
- Hot air balloon flight starting time: 6 a.m. Balloons take off only at sunrise in Sri Lanka when the air is cool and the winds are calm
- Duration – Approximately one hour from the take off time
- 3 to 4-hour balloon experience
- Approx. one hour flight +/- depending on the weather conditions
- Champagne and tropical fruit breakfast
- International balloon flight certificate
- Government tax
- Additional foods or beverages consumed
- Any tips to the staff
- Children need to be a minimum of 1.2m (5 ft) in height and 7 years or older
- Children under 16 years have to be accompanied by an adult
- It is recommended that pregnant women do not fly
- Personal effects for warm, windy, and rainy conditions should be carried by clients
- Dress casually, as in for hiking with closed toe shoes
- Sunglasses, Sunburn lotion etc. are recommended
- Flights could be canceled at any time, even at the last moment before takeoff due to weather conditions. The pilot has the last call. His decision must be respected as SAFETY is paramount
- Transport to the takeoff point will only be provided for free from a hotel which is located 20km away from the take-off point while all additional travels would be charged