Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Hot Air Ballooning in Dambulla
Note: This product is not available during the period of 01-May to 20-October.
- Exhilarating hot air balloon ride
- Amazing views while in flight
- View of the sunrise
Get this amazing opportunity to go on a Hot Air Balloon Ride in Sri Lanka. Sail in the tranquil skies and enjoy the beautiful views of Kandalama and Dambulla. The tour is dependent on weather conditions. If you are staying at a hotel in a nearby city (Habarana, Kandalama, Sigiriya or Dambulla) you also receive a complimentary pickup from your hotel to the starting point
What You Can Expect
You will be starting your tour from Kandalama at 5:30 am to 6:00 am, just as the sun starts to rise. If you stay at a hotel in a nearby city you will receive a pickup to the starting point. The approximate pickup times are as follows:
- Habarana and Sigiriya – 4:45 am
- Dambulla – 5:00 am
- Kandalama – 5:15 am
The times may differ according to the location of the hotel where you are staying.Hot air balloons were the first successful human-flight technology, and have been around since the late 18th century. Their continued success is due to the opportunity they provide to relax and enjoy the sights, and the challenges they provide for those more adventurous in harnessing the winds. The technology used in hot air balloons have advanced immensely in the last couple of centuries, giving their riders better safety and smoother flights.
Your Hot Air Balloon Ride will take you on a soothing flight over the Kandalana and Dambulla areas. You will afforded with marvelous views of the sunrise, and the brightening landscape below. Your pilot will point out important landmarks such as the Kandalama Tank, the Golden Buddha statue, Sigiriya and many others. You will need to wear closed toed shoes, with a cap or hat. For the rest of your attire, comfortable casual clothes work best. However it may get slightly colder at higher altitudes, so bringing a light sweater or scarf may be advisable.Your flight will last between an hour to an hour and a half, depending on the wind directions and where you will be landing.
- Hotel Pick & Drop, All Taxes.
- Food or Drinks, Gratuities (Optional), Expenses of Personal Nature.
Cancellation, No Show and Refund Policy
Cancellation must be in writing and sent by you/your travel agent who made the booking. Cancellations take effect from the date the written notice is received. No refund in full or in part will be given for unutilized services in the package(s) once you commence using the product or service.
- Up to 30 days before the Check-In-Date – Fixed processing fee of USD 30.00 and the balance will be refunded. In case of a refund to be made via an international bank transfer, all bank fees to be borne by the guest. A refund to the credit card is subject to above processing fee only.
- Less than 30 days and in case of “No Show” – No refunds.
- No refunds will be entertained under whatsoever condition once the guest arrives in Sri Lanka.
- We reserve the right to cancel your holiday because of unforeseen circumstances.