Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Kandy from Dambulla Tour
- See thousands of plant species in one place.
- See a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Marvel at the giant Buddha.
This tour gives you the chance to tour the ancient royal city of Kandy and the surrounding attractions. Visit the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic to view its majestic architecture and beautiful shrines. Visit some of the local artisans; such as gem crafters, woodcarvers and/or batik makers. Take some beautiful souvenirs home, while also learning how they are made. Visit the Royal Botanical Gardens in Peradeniya to see its famous and rare collection of plant life.
During the Tour you will visit the Following Sights:
You will be starting your tour at approximately 0700 hrs from your hotel in Dambulla. Ensure that you bring a packed breakfast with you, if you are unable to have your meal at the hotel. You will get to Kandy by 0930 hrs. Your first destination in the city will be the Temple of the Tooth.
The Sacred Tooth Relic of Buddha has had much importance throughout the history of Sri Lanka. Being able to protect it and enshrine it was not only regarded as a symbol of piousness; but also, a symbol of status that proved the worthiness of the ancient kings of the country. As such the relic was enshrined wherever the capitol of the country was during the era of the kings. As the last kings made Kandy their capitol, the relic was enshrined in the royal palace; where it remains to this day. You will be able to view the beautiful architecture of the palace and look at the many golden figurines in the shrine. There are many structures in the palace premises that you can visit.
At approximately 1100 hrs you will be going on technical tours to see the crafts of some of the traditional artisans of Kandy; such as the gem crafters, wood carvers and batik makers. You will get to see the process of how the they do their work, and will be able to purchase some great souvenirs (if you wish) too. You will finish these tours by 1300 hrs and break for lunch at a local restaurant of your choice ( At your own expenses).
After an enjoyable meal at your own cost you will be able to go on to the next leg of your tour at approximately 1430 hrs. You will get to the Royal Botanical Gardens of Peradeniya by 1500 hrs. 147-acre premises of the gardens hosts over 4000 species of plants; including an exclusive collection of orchids, spices and medicinal plants. Created early in the 19th century, the gardens have a significant amount of history that you will learn more about during your tour. You will also get to see famed plants such as the Cannonball Tree, the Giant Javan Fig tree, and the 40m tall Burma bamboo.
You will complete your tour of the botanical gardens by 1700 hrs, and will then be returning to your hotel in Dambulla; completing your tour.
- Comfortable Walking Shoes Recommended for this tour.
- Transport throughout the tour with an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of an English-Speaking Chauffer Guide.
- 1 Liter of Bottled Mineral Water Per Person.
- Hotel Pick & Drop.
- All Taxes & Service Charges.
- Entrance Fees (Temple of The Tooth Relic, Royal Botanical Gardens ).
- Food or Drinks.
- Gratuities (Optional).
- Expenses of Personal Nature.
Cancellation, No Show and Refund Policy
Cancellation must be in writing and sent by you/your travel agent who made the booking. Cancellations take effect from the date the written notice is received. No refund in full or in part will be given for unutilized services in the package(s) once you commence using the product or service.
- Up to 30 days before the Check-In-Date – Fixed processing fee of USD 30.00 and the balance will be refunded. In case of a refund to be made via an international bank transfer, all bank fees to be borne by the guest. A refund to the credit card is subject to above processing fee only.
- Less than 30 days and in case of “No Show” – No refunds.
- No refunds will be entertained under whatsoever condition once the guest arrives in Sri Lanka.
- We reserve the right to cancel your holiday because of unforeseen circumstances.