Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Trincomalee from Dambulla
- Visit to Pigeon Island .
- Visit to Kinniya Hot Wells.
- Visit to Thirukoneswaram Temple.
- Visit to Fort Frederick.
- Experienced English speaking tour guide.
This tour takes you to the ancient harbor city of Trincomalee on the beautiful Eastern Coast of Sri Lanka. Explore nature with a boat ride to Pigeon Island. Visit the mysterious hot wells of Kinniya. Admire the colorful architecture and secretive nooks of the millennia-old Thirukoneswaram Temple. Feel the weight of history within the ancient stone walls of Fort Frederick. Relax on the bright white sands of Marble Beach. The tropics have never been more exciting…
During the Tour you will visit the Following Sights:
The first place you visit once you get there will be the beautiful islet off Trincomalee coast, Pigeon Island. This has been the nesting grounds for the local rock pigeons for centuries. Its verdant slopes boast a number of other fauna and flora, in addition to the pigeons.
At approximately 1000 hrs you will be traveling to the hot wells of Kinniya. These ancient wells were once part of the Temple City that surrounded Koneswaram, but are now separate due to the lands of the temple being taken over by the city. There are a number of hot well springs in Kinniya; each of which have a different temperature that can be felt at touch. Whilst there, take note of the ruins of the old Shiva Temple nearby that was destroyed during the recent civil wars.
After the hot wells, you will be visiting Thirukoneswaram Temple. While proven historical evidence show that it’s at least 3000 years old; legends speak of it having an age of over 5,000 years. You will be able to view the fascinating architecture; which is more recent due the temple having been rebuilt after its destruction during the Portuguese era. There is also an exciting little rocky path that leads to a secretive cave where you will be able to see the primitive and ancient shrine that the temple started from.
You will be visiting one of the local eateries right after at 1200 hrs to have lunch at your own expense. If you wish to try some of the local flavors, you can ask your guide to take you to an Indian restaurant. After an enjoyable meal and a short break, you will be restarting the tour at approximately 1400 hrs. Next you will be visiting Fort Frederick, which was constructed by the Portuguese using the stones from the original Koneswaram Temple that they destroyed. To this day there are parts of the fort that bear markings from the original temple walls.
Your final destination will be Marble Beach which you will reach by approximately 1530 hrs. This stretch of coast is known for its smooth white sands and clear waters. You will be able to sunbathe or play in the sea until 1730 hrs; after which you will begin the drive back. The tour will conclude when you get back to your hotel in Dambulla by approximately 1900 hrs.
- Comfortable Walking Shoes Recommended for this tour.
- Transport throughout the tour with an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of an English-Speaking Chauffer Guide.
- 1 Liter of Bottled Mineral Water Per Person.
- Hotel Pick & Drop.
- All Taxes & Service Charges.
- Entrance Fees (Temple of The Tooth Relic, Royal Botanical Gardens ).
- Food or Drinks.
- Gratuities (Optional).
- Expenses of Personal Nature.
Cancellation, No Show and Refund Policy
Cancellation must be in writing and sent by you/your travel agent who made the booking. Cancellations take effect from the date the written notice is received. No refund in full or in part will be given for unutilized services in the package(s) once you commence using the product or service.
- Up to 30 days before the Check-In-Date – Fixed processing fee of USD 30.00 and the balance will be refunded. In case of a refund to be made via an international bank transfer, all bank fees to be borne by the guest. A refund to the credit card is subject to above processing fee only.
- Less than 30 days and in case of “No Show” – No refunds.
- No refunds will be entertained under whatsoever condition once the guest arrives in Sri Lanka.
- We reserve the right to cancel your holiday because of unforeseen circumstances.