Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Night Hike to Adam
• Travel through the jungle at night
• Experience Adam’s Peak under the stars
• Watch the spectacular sunrise
• Dinner and breakfast surrounded by nature
• Qualified first aid officer and backup emergency transport vehicle accompaniment.
• Experienced hiking guide.
• This hike will be in the peak season between December to April
What You Can Expect
Adam’s Peak is the fifth tallest mountain in Sri Lanka, standing at 2243 m. It is worshipped by many religions and bears many names. The one thing that these religions (Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam and Christianity) agree on uniformly, is that the strange giant footprint shaped imprint found on the peak is sacred. No matter the belief, thousands every year climb the mountain on pilgrimages and pay their respects.
Adam’s Peak is surrounded by the thick rainforests of the Peak Wilderness Sanctuary. The sanctuary is the third largest in the country spread over an area of 224 square kilometers. The Peak Wilderness Sanctuary has rather uneven ground contours varying from 1000 feet to over 7000 feet, making it one of the more difficult jungles to hike through in Sri Lanka. Six trails pass through the rainforest up to the top of Adam’s Peak; the Hatton-Nallathanni trail, the Ratnapura-Palabaddala trail, the Kuruwita-Erathna trail, the Murray Estate trail, the Mooku Estate trail and the Malimboda trail. You will be using the Nallathanni trail, which is one of the most common trails, to climb up.
Your hike will be starting at 6:30 pm at the head of the Nallathani trail. You will be receiving directions to get there. Once you get there your hiking guide will go over important information such as the route and safety procedures. You will be leaving at 6:45 pm. Your trail will be quite steep and possibly slippery, so wear sturdy boots. Most of your hike up the mountain will be a climb up thousands of steps cut into the rock or created with cement. Your trail will be illuminated by electric lights, making it safe even for children.
Once lunch is completed, you will be returning using the same trail that you used earlier. You will be leaving at 1:15 pm. You will be able to return to the trail head by 5:30 pm, completing your hike.
Additional Note – Comfortable Walking Shoes Recommended for this tour.
Tours Includes – Picnic lunch, Hotel Pick & Drop, All Taxes.
Tour Excludes – Food or Drinks, Gratuities (Optional), Expenses of Personal Nature
Cancellation, No Show and Refund Policy
Cancellation must be in writing and sent by you/your travel agent who made the booking. Cancellations take effect from the date the written notice is received. No refund in full or in part will be given for unutilized services in the package(s) once you commence using the product or service.
- Up to 30 days before the Check-In-Date – Fixed processing fee of USD 30.00 and the balance will be refunded. In case of a refund to be made via an international bank transfer, all bank fees to be borne by the guest. A refund to the credit card is subject to above processing fee only.
- Less than 30 days and in case of “No Show” – No refunds.
- No refunds will be entertained under whatsoever condition once the guest arrives in Sri Lanka.
- We reserve the right to cancel your holiday because of unforeseen circumstances.