Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Off Season Hike to Adam
- Difficulty Level: Very High
- Survive the dangers of the jungle in the rainy season
- Triumph over the mountain
- Enjoy the beautiful views
- Picnic lunch on the trail
- Qualified first aid officer and backup emergency transport vehicle accompaniment.
- Experienced hiking guide
This tour gives you the chance to do some tough hiking up to Adams peak through the Peak Wilderness Sanctuary. Adam’s Peak is a mountain venerated by people from many religions. Hike through the jungles of the Peak Wilderness Sanctuary during the rainy season. Enjoy the challenges that the uneven and slippery ground. Survive the sudden downpours and flash floods which make the Adam’s Peak off season hike one of the toughest and most dangerous in Sri Lanka.Enjoy the view as you climb thousands of stairs to the peak. Enjoy the triumph of conquering nature. A hike for only the toughest and bravest hikers.
What You Can Expect
Adam’s Peak is the fifth tallest mountain in Sri Lanka, standing at 2243 m. It is considered sacred by many religions. As such it is a much respected location visited by pilgrims from all over the world. However these pilgrimages happen only in the summer months with less rain, from December to April. During the latter months of the year, the unpredictable rains and sudden floods make the climb up the mountain slippery and quite treacherous.Around Adam’s Peak are the thick rainforests of the Peak Wilderness Sanctuary. This large sanctuary has ground contours varying from 1000 feet to over 7000 feet, and along with the rain will make your hike an extremely difficult one. There are six trails through the jungles up to the top of Adam’s Peak; the Hatton-Nallathanni trail, the Ratnapura-Palabaddala trail, the Kuruwita-Erathna trail, the Murray Estate trail, the Mooku Estate trail and the Malimboda trail. Your hike up will be along the Hatton - Nallathanni trail, one of the most popular trails.The hike will be starting at 8:30 am at the head of the Nallathani trail. You will receive directions to get to the meeting point. Once you get there your hiking guide will go over necessary information such as the route and safety procedures. You will be beginning the actual hike at 8:45 pm. The trail at this end is steep and has a high chance of being slippery, so wear proper hiking boots. Most of your hike through the forest will be a climb over a staircase with thousands of steps cut into the rock or created with cement. The steps may be mossy due to the weather conditions.The hike will be led by an experienced local hiking guide. You will also have a qualified first aid officer and a backup emergency transport vehicle accompanying you.
You will be having stopping every 1.5 km for refreshments such as energy bars. You will get to the top of the mountain by 12:00 noon. You will be seeing some amazing views of the misty landscape. After a photography session, you will have a picnic lunch there on the top of the mountain. Lunch will be pasta such as spaghetti or macaroni, a boiled egg, fried sausages, and tropical seasonal fruits.You will climb back down at 1:00 pm via the Murray Estate route. The route will be a little less steep, while still as slippery. It has some beautiful sights such as waterfalls, amazing views over the countryside and views of the jungles of Peak Sanctuary.You will be visiting one of the waterfalls on your way down. Your hike will be finishing around 5:30 pm when you reach the head of the trail.
- Comfortable Walking Shoes Recommended for this tour.
- Private Transport throughout the excursion in an Air Conditioned Car with the service of an English Speaking Chauffer Guide.3 x 300 ml Mineral water bottle per person.All applicable current local taxes, but subject to change at the time of booking and hotel Pick & Drop, All Taxes.
- Meals where not specified, any expenses of personal nature. Tips & Portages, Entrance Fees and other Services not mentioned above.
Cancellation, No Show and Refund Policy
Cancellation must be in writing and sent by you/your travel agent who made the booking. Cancellations take effect from the date the written notice is received. No refund in full or in part will be given for unutilized services in the package(s) once you commence using the product or service.
- Up to 30 days before the Check-In-Date – Fixed processing fee of USD 30.00 and the balance will be refunded. In case of a refund to be made via an international bank transfer, all bank fees to be borne by the guest. A refund to the credit card is subject to above processing fee only.
- Less than 30 days and in case of “No Show” – No refunds.
- No refunds will be entertained under whatsoever condition once the guest arrives in Sri Lanka.
- We reserve the right to cancel your holiday because of unforeseen circumstances.