Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Ella Cycling Tour - Adventure on Two Wheels with Mega Zip Line
About Ella Cycling Tour with Mega Zip Line
This tour takes you on a bike ride through the scenic Ella Highlands, one of the most beautiful places in Sri Lanka.
Enjoy cycling through grassy plains, by gurgling streams, and alongside refreshing waterfalls. Visit Demodara Nine Arch Bridge through paddy fields, small tea plantations, a verity of spices. Stop by Little Adam's Peak for unbelievable views of the surrounding country side and enjoy the hike for Little Adam’s Peak with view sunrise/sunset on the rock. You will be enjoying Flying Ravana Experience. This offers a bird’s-eye view of the beautiful hills of the island and all combine to make this experience memorable for life.
- Demodara Nine Arch Bridge
- Little Adam's Peak
- Mega Zip Line
Pick up from the hotel near Ella, Wellawaya, and Bandarawela.
You will be starting your tour at 8:30 am(morning time) am or 01.30 pm(evening time) at the Ella Gap Hotel Car Park (Standard meeting point). There will be bicycles, helmets, and refreshments provided for the tour. Your cycling guide and backup vehicle will accompany you. You will be able to enjoy the beautiful landscapes of Ella as you ride your 20km route.
Along the way, you will ride cross country through some woods to reach the Nine Arches Bridge. This incredible historical viaduct built entirely from stone, bricks, and cement (with no steel) was created in the British era of Sri Lanka. It spans a space of over 300 feet and has a height of approximately 100 feet. You will be an able walk along the railroad passing over the bridge, and listen to your hiking guide explain the history and stories about Nine Arches. You can also get some excellent photographs and create some memories.
You will then continue on to Little Adam's Peak. This area ends in a sharp drop that provides you with stupendous views of the landscape around you; including the amazing view from the Ella Gap, and the Knuckles Range. You will be able to get clear views of the green fields and blue rivers spread out below. You can take some really good photos here and relax for a while.
Then you will then continue on Flying Ravana is Sri Lanka’s first ever mega dual zip-line, located amidst the luscious green estates of Ella, Sri Lanka. (near Little Adams Peak - Ella's main attraction) The two-wire zip-line stretches for more than half a kilometer (Length 550m), slides at max 80kmph and offers a bird’s-eye view of the beautiful hills of the island. Flying Ravana is true, Ella in all its glory.
- Water Bottles
- Bicycle hire
- Helmets, Safety glasses, Backup vehicle, Backup bikes
- Refreshment with cookies
- Free pick-up/drop-off from/to Ella, Bandarawela and Wellawaya Hotels.
5 hours (Time depends on your's ability)
Instructions for Mega Zip Line
- Age above 15 years will be considered ar Adult below 15 years will be considered as child
What we will provide
- Harness and the safety equipment needed for the ride
- Helmet if required
- Instructions and assistance
What to wear
- One of the most important rules is that you should feel comfortable in your clothes. Around your thighs and waist comes the tight harness which can feel uncomfortable if you are wearing uncomfortable clothes. The below mentioned are things to keep in mind when choosing clothes for zip lining.
- Skirts, dresses or sarongs are not recommended.
- Loose clothes (example – Scarfs) are not allowed as they may interfere with the equipment during the flight. Although slippers should be fine. Fully covered / close-toed shoes are ideal.
- We recommend jeans, shorts, tights, shirts, t-shirts, yoga pants and any other clothing that is not too baggy or loose. Casual clothing is fine. The harness will be provided to you to be worn on top of your clothing, so covered clothes will keep you comfortable during the flight.
- If you have loose hair you need to tie it up. Bring something which you can tie up your hair for a comfortable fun-filled ride.
Height and Weight
Looking for an adrenaline kick you’ll never forget? Soar through the air on South Asia’s fastest mega zip line offered by Flying Ravana – a hair-raising ride you have to experience to believe. However, there are height & weight requirements to meet, as the harness must be able to fit around your body and be safely secured.
- Minimum Weight: 30kg
- Minimum Height: 90cm
- Maximum Weight: 110kg
- Maximum Height : 210cm
Ziplines are certified by the ERCA
The European Ropes Course Association was established to support the construction, inspection, training, and operation of ropes courses and have formulated the highest safety standards for ropes courses. The overall aim of the Association is to enhance the quality and safety of ropes courses, being actively involved in advances in professional practices.
ERCA’s long-standing involvement in safety and the nature and quality of its membership means that ERCA combines an established professional structure and wide-ranging expertise in the ropes course field.
Cancellation and No show Policy
- No refund will be made after confirmation
- No show on arrival date will be subject to the above charges