Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Deep sea Fishing in Hikkaduwa
About Deep sea Fishing in Hikkaduwa
Deep sea fishing is a great way to kick-start your day as it requires an early start and Hikkaduwa’s warm waters will be filled with scores of exotic fish. These waters are home to a host of dazzling jack trevally, Spanish mackerel, skipjack tuna, yellow fin tuna, sail fish, marlins, and frigate tuna.
Your fishing expedition will begin at 6 a.m. as our boat will pick you up at the dock and take you out on a 4-hour (or longer on request) fishing excursion. Safety and comfort is paramount to us and our boat will be fully equipped with GPS, lavatory facilities, a cabin and lifejackets. We will also provide our clients with fishing equipment, bait as well as refreshments. If you are lucky with your catch, we will even prepare the fish for you in our restaurant during our lunch service or you can take it back with you.
We recommend you use our range of trolling rods and reels for deep sea fishing. We offer both live and artificial bait and our boats will be skippered by professional fishermen with many years of experience in game fishing.
- The Indian Ocean off the coast of Hikkaduwa – Sri Lanka, has some of the most diverse species of deep sea fish in the world and this tour takes you into the heart of it all. The tour is suited to experienced anglers as well as first-timers, and makes for an unforgettable fishing expedition.
- An exciting excursion to add to your “thing to do in Hikkaduwa” list.
- This is a wonderful, 3 to 4-hour deep sea and fishing tour with a chance to catch jack trevally, Spanish mackerel, skipjack tuna, yellow fin tuna, sail fish, marlins, and frigate tuna.
- You will be let by an experienced and knowledgeable fishing guide.
- Arrive back in the harbour and proceed with your guide to a beach hut where you will be able to enjoy BBQ lunch with chilled beer. After lunch, you will be driven back to your hotel.
- Meeting point – Hikkaduwa Harbour
- Meeting time Morning – 7 a.m. (most preferred) Evening – 2:30 p.m.
- Duration of tour: Max. 4 hours
- Maximum 6 pax per boat
- Possible period November-April
- You will be picked up and brought back from any hotel in Hikkaduwa. If you are away from Hikkaduwa, additional changes may apply. Alternatively you could come to the meeting point on your own as well.
- Experience English-speaking fishing guide
- Boat charter fee
- Hire of complete sport fishing equipment
- Light refreshment and drinking water
- Government tax
- Transportation to and from starting point
- Any tip for staff
- Extra foods and beverages consumed
- Details of boat
Engine – 100 HP Length – 42 feet
Width – 8 feet
The boat has a small cabin and onboard toilet
It carries 6 trolling rod holders with outriggers.
- Personal effects for windy, rainy, and warm weather conditions should be considered
- Insect repellents, sun-protection creams etc. are recommended
- Suitable casual clothing/footwear for outdoor activities
- As this activity involves a boat ride to the middle of the ocean, clients are advised that there are set safety standards to follow. Passengers will be allowed only according to the number of seats available, and every client will be provided a lifejacket, which should be worn at all times
- Obey all safety rules given by the crew
- Getting seasick: There is always at least a light swell on the Indian Ocean. If it’s the first time for you on a boat in the Indian Ocean or if you tend to get seasick, we advise you to take medication recommended by your doctor, on the morning of the trip (about 1-2 hours before you enter the boat). We use Avomine and it’s freely available in any pharmacy.