Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Cycling in Tangalle
Tangalle is one of popular beach in Southern Coast and other than lay down the beach cycling in Tangalle Countryside is amazing experience in your Sri Lanka Holiday. Explore undiscovered places and experience Southern Province People living style, culture, customs and historical places.
What You Can Expect
Cycling Excursion will be started at hotel in Dickwella and you will cycle to MulKirigala Ancient Temple through the countryside. Every paddle you will be something to explore and it would be new experience and most of Tourists might not experience in Sri Lanka Holiday.
You will Cycle through water stream, paddy field and mini forest area and you will reach to MulKirigala Temple. En-route you will refresh with coconut drink.
Mulkirigala Rock Temple rises about 676 feet from the surrounding land mass. There are seven cave temples situated in five Terraced areas of different altitudes. Mulkirigala temple is also considered to be one of the 64 temples constructed by King Kawantissa and was called as 'Muhudu Gira' then which dates back to the 3rd Century BC . The Chetiya at Uppermost Terrace is considered to house Lord Buddha relics offered by the King Saddhatissa. According to Historical manuscripts, King Mahanaga, King Kawantissa, King Dutugemunu, King Parakramabahu the Great, King Saddhatissa, King Valagamba, King Jetta Tissa I, King Parakramabahu I are credited with construction work of the temple during their rein.
The temples remaining at present belongs to the Kandyan era and the Buddha images and many cave paintings depicts magnificent examples of Kandyan era arts and crafts. Mulkirigala Rock Temple is one of the few 'Raja Maha Vihara' or the 'Temples of the Great Kings' ( of the Kandyan Kingdom) found out of the then Kandyan Kingdom. King Keerthi Sri Rajasinghe (1747 AD) gave his patronage to reconstruct this temple after it being neglected for centuries since the rein of the Parakramabahu the Great.
- Mountain Bikes and Helmets
- Managing The Entire Cycling Route.
- Well Experienced Cycling Guide(s) and His Fees
- Hotel Pick & Drop,
- 1 Bottle of Water Per Person Per Day During Cycle Tour Portion
- Refreshments and biscuits
- Entrance Fees,
- Food or Drinks,
- Gratuities (Optional),
- Expenses of Personal Nature.
- Comfortable Walking Shoes Recommended for this tour. Drive time may change due to unpredictable road traffic. Photography stops on the way can be arranged but within locations with reasonable parking areas.
Cancellation, No Show and Refund Policy
Cancellation must be in writing and sent by you/your travel agent who made the booking. Cancellations take effect from the date the written notice is received. No refund in full or in part will be given for unutilized services in the package(s) once you commence using the product or service.
- Up to 14 days before the Check-In-Date – Fixed processing fee of USD 30.00 and the balance will be refunded. In case of a refund to be made via an international bank transfer, all bank fees to be borne by the guest. A refund to the credit card is subject to above processing fee only.
- Less than 14 days and in case of “No Show” – No Refunds.
- No refunds will be entertained under whatsoever condition once the guest arrives in Sri Lanka.
- We reserve the right to cancel your holiday because of unforeseen circumstances.