Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Colombo City Tour from Kalutara
- Try street food in Galle face green.
- Walk down the memory lane of historic Colombo.
Duration: ~ 06 Hours
The Colombo City Tour takes you on a journey into the heart of the capital city of Sri Lanka, to show you its most spectacular sights. View elegant colonial buildings rising in tandem with shiny new business constructions in the sprawling metropolis. Visit the ancient temples that create havens in the midst of all the bustle and hustle. Get to know Colombo's history and legends through some of its most interesting landmarks. Embark in an adventure that shows you the wonderful secrets of Colombo.
What You Can Expect
You will start your tour when you get picked up by your chauffeur at 0830 hrs or 1300 hrs from your hotel. (Travel Time – 1 ½ to 2 hrs)
From the elegant colonial buildings to the sprawling metropolis of the city, Colombo has a multitude of sights and sounds for you to experience. With all these spectacular scenery, this wonderful city will never cease to amaze you. Visit amazing historical landmarks with captivating stories and learn the history behind one of the richest cultures in Asia. Embark in an adventure like never before and become a part of the city with this private tour of Colombo.
Colombo Lighthouse, The Prison Cell of the last Sri Lankan King, Lighthouse with Clock Tower designed by Lady Ward (built before the Big Ben in London), Galle Face Promenade with cannons of World War II, South Expansion of the Colombo Harbour, York Street with remnants of British Colonial Architecture, BMICH, the scenic Beira Lake in the heart of the city, the War Memorial, Public Library, National Museum, Nelum Pokuna Theatre, Gangarama Temple, Dewatagaha Mosque, Vihara Mahadevi Park, Colombo Town Hall, and many more historical and important landmarks and places that make an interesting tapestry of the life within the city limits of Colombo.
- Lunch @ Gallery Café in Colombo (at your own expense)
- Crab Dinner @ Ministry of Crabs (Reservation required, at your own expense)
- Barefoot Gallery (Books and Handlooms)
- Creative Pocelane at Paradise Road.
- Spa Ceylon
- Walk in the Galle face green (Ideal during evening)
At the end of your tour you will proceed back to your hotel. (Travel Time – 1 ½ to 2 hrs)
Comfortable walking shoes recommended for this tour. Drive time may change due to unpredictable road traffic. Photography stops on the way can be arranged but within locations with reasonable parking areas.
- Transport throughout the tour with an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Service of an English-Speaking Chauffer Guide.
- 1 Liter of Bottled Mineral Water Per Person.
- Hotel Pick & Drop (from Kalutara, Wadduwa & Panadura).
- All Taxes & Service Charges.
- Entrance Fees, (National Museum, Gangarama Temple).
- Food or Drinks.
- Gratuities (Optional).
- Expenses of Personal Nature
Cancellation PolicyCancellation must be in writing and sent by you/your travel agent who made the booking. Cancellations take effect from the date the written notice is received. No refund in full or in part will be given for unutilized services in the package(s) once you commence using the product or service.
- Up to 14 days before the Activity-Date – Fixed processing fee of USD 30.00 and the balance will be refunded. In case of a refund to be made via an international bank transfer, all bank fees to be borne by the guest. A refund to the credit card is subject to above processing fee only.
- Less than 14 days and in case of “No Show” – No Refunds.
- No refunds will be entertained under whatsoever condition once the guest arrives in Sri Lanka.
- We reserve the right to cancel your holiday because of unforeseen circumstances.