Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Deep sea fishing in Trincomalee
About Deep sea fishing in Trincomalee
Located on the eastern coastline of Sri Lanka, Trincomalee is one of the most perfect locations for anglers to test their abilities as this beautiful location offers some of the most plentiful fishing grounds in the country.
Species like Grouper, Snapper Emperor and Bonefish are some of the highlights found close to the coastline while Indian mackerel, Spanish mackerel, Seer fish, Kingfish, Barracuda, Barramundi, Jackfish, Trevally and Tuna are found a small distance away from the shore. Sailfish, Swordfish, Marlin and Shark are found even further away.
The boat will pick you up from the dock at 6 a.m. or 2.30 p.m. depending on which time you prefer and you will embark upon a 4-hour (or longer on request) fishing expedition unlike any you’ve been on. The boat will be fully equipped with GPS, lavatory facilities, a cabin and lifejackets. Furthermore, bait and refreshments will be provided and if you’re lucky with you catch, we will prepare it for you in our restaurant or you can take it back with you.
We recommend you use our range of trolling rods and reels for deep sea fishing while we will also provide you with both artificial and live bait. Our deep sea fishing vessels are skippered by professional fishermen with vast game fishing experience.
- Trincomalee is renowned for being one of the best locations for professional game fishing and deep sea fishing. Its waters offer fishing enthusiasts a host of opportunities to test their skills.
- An exciting entry into your “things to do” list in Trincomalee.
- This is a wonderful, 3-4 hour deep sea and fishing tour. Grouper, Snapper Emperor and Bonefish are some of the highlights found near the coast. Indian mackerel, Spanish mackerel, Seerfish, Kingfish, Barracuda, Barramundi, Jackfish, Trevally and Tuna are found a little away from the coast while Sailfish, Swordfish, Marlin and Shark are found further out.
- You will be led by an experienced and knowledgeable fishing guide.
- Arrive back in the harbour and proceed with your guide to a beach hut where you will be able to enjoy a BBQ lunch/dinner with chilled beer. After lunch/dinner, you will be driven back to your hotel.
- Duration of tour: Max. 4 hours
- Possible period: May to September
- You will be picked up and brought back from any hotel in Trincomalee. If you are away from Trincomalee, additional changes may apply. Alternatively you could come to the meeting point on your own as well
- An experienced English-speaking fishing guide
- Boat charter fee
- Hire of complete sport fishing equipment
- Light refreshment and drinking water
- Government taxes
- Transportation to the starting point and from the end point of the cycle trail (this could be arranged by us)
- Any extra beverages or food and snacks consumed
- Optional activity costs
- Any personal effects not mentioned here
- Any tips for the staff
- Any others expenses not mentioned in Price Inclusions section
- Personal effects for windy, rainy, and warm weather conditions should be considered
- Insect repellents, sun protection creams etc. are highly recommended
- Suitable casual clothing/footwear for outdoor activities
- As this activity involves a boat ride to the middle of the ocean, clients are advised that there are set safety standards to follow. Passengers will be allowed only according to the number of seats available, and every client will be provided a lifejacket, which should be worn at all times
- Obey all safety rules given by the crew