Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
The Devil's Staircase
• Difficulty Level: High.
• A chance to See The Bambarakanda Waterfalls.
• An Exclusive Visit to The ‘V Cut’.
• Photography Sessions.
• First Aid and Emergency Vehicle Backup.
• Inclusive of Lunch and Refreshments.
• Experienced Hiking Guide.
What You Can Expect
You will be starting your tour at 0730 hrs at the Bambarakanda trail head with a short description about the hike and route. You will start on the trail at 0745 hrs.
The trail will pass by abandoned estates, beautiful rolling hills covered in fields of green tea, bubbling streams and at least one waterfall. Bambarakanda Waterfalls is the tallest in Sri Lanka, falling down a height of 263m. You will also get to experience going through the ‘V cut’; the ‘V-Cut’ is a narrow pass carved into the hills with high rocky cliffs on both sides. In addition to these, you will also come across some awe-striking views as you hike along the broken roads, and barely visible trails. Your hike includes photography sessions to preserve you memories of these views.
The entire hike is 15 km long, and you will be having a rest stop every 1.5 km with refreshments. Refreshments will include an energy bar and bottled water. You will also be stopping for a picnic lunch along the way. Your lunch will consist of pasta such as spaghetti or macaroni, a boiled and fried sausages, along with some seasonal fruits for dessert. You will be enjoying lunch surrounded by nature. During the evening you will be stopping for evening refreshments, which will be dates, chocolate slabs, bottled water and an energy drink.
Your hiking package includes a tour guide who will show you the best sights, and a qualified first aid officer to deal with any minor medical situations. As safety is a priority in these hikes, an emergency transport vehicle will also accompany you to deal with any unexpected situations.
Your hike will be approximately 7 hours long without including the rest stops and breaks. However with the times spent on the various breaks, you will be reaching the Ohiya by 1730 hrs completing the hike within 10 hours.
Additional Note – We require the confirmation 5 days prior to your arrival. Comfortable walking shoes recommended for this tour.
- Refreshments with energy slabs.
- First aid with the qualified officer.
- Back up vehicle for emergency transport.
- Support staff fee for guide, helper(s), driver and qualified first aid officer.
- Any transportation up to the trail head at Bambarakanda.
- Any additional beverages or food, would ordered extra.
- Gratuities (Optional).
- Expenses of Personal Nature.
Cancellation, No Show and Refund Policy
Cancellation must be in writing and sent by you/your travel agent who made the booking. Cancellations take effect from the date the written notice is received. No refund in full or in part will be given for unutilized services in the package(s) once you commence using the product or service.
(1) Up to 30 days before the Activity-Date – Fixed processing fee of USD 30.00 and the balance will be refunded. In case of a refund to be made via an international bank transfer, all bank fees to be borne by the guest. A refund to the credit card is subject to above processing fee only.
(2) Less than 30 days and in case of “No Show” – No refunds.
(3) No refunds will be entertained under whatsoever condition once the guest arrives in Sri Lanka.
(4) We reserve the right to cancel your holiday because of unforeseen circumstances.