Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Riverston Hiking Excursion
• Difficulty Level: Medium
• Lots of beautiful sights to be seen along the hike
• Views from Riverston Peak
• Visit to Mini World’s End
• Genuine village lunch
• Waterfall trekking
What You Can Expect
You will be meeting up for the Riverston Excursion at 0830 hrs at the Riverston Telecommunications Tower, where the trail head is. You will have to make your own way there to the starting point, but you will receive directions. Your guide will explain the details of the hike and you will then start your hike. You will be accompanied by an experienced hiking guide, first aid officer and a backup emergency transport vehicle. Ensure that you bring a packed breakfast with you, if you are unable to have your meal at the hotel.
You will be starting off up to the Riverston peak from the trail head. The trail is 5km long and you will be stopping for occasional rest breaks throughout your hike. You will be having some refreshments during these breaks. Riverston peak is part of the Knuckles Range of mountains. As one of the five peaks in the range, Riverston is part of the high biodiversity of this conserved zone. It also has views of the unspoiled valleys and mountains of the area, which rarely receive human contact. After reaching the top of the peak and spending some time there, you will be returning to the Riverston trail head.
A vehicle will be transporting you from the trail head down to the Pitawala Paththana trail. You will be hiking through the beautiful plains of Pitawala Paththana. You will then reach a place called the ‘Mini World’s End’, which is a sharp drop giving spectacular panoramic views of the surroundings. After enjoying the sights at the Mini World’s End and taking a few photographs, you will be returning to the trail head of Pittawala Paththana.
You will then be travelling in a vehicle to a nearby village for lunch. The meal will be home cooked in traditional Sri Lankan style. After your delicious village lunch you will be travelling to the head of the waterfall track.
The area is the starting point of many rivers and includes quite a few waterfalls. You will be going on a 7km trek discovering the rivers, streams and waterfalls in the jungle. You will be visiting Sera Ella, one of the most beautiful waterfalls of Sri Lanka. You will have refreshments along the way. You will be returning back to the head of the track after your visit. A vehicle will drop you off back at the Riverston Tower by 1730 hrs completing your hike.
Additional Note – Comfortable walking shoes recommended for this tour.
- Service of an English-Speaking Trekker/ Guide and his fee.
- Refreshments with Water Bottles.
- Transportation in Riverston.
- All Taxes & Service Charges.
- Hotel Pick & Drop.
- Entrance Fees.
- Food or Drinks (Not specified above).
- Gratuities (Optional).
- Expenses of Personal Nature.
Cancellation, No Show and Refund Policy
Cancellation must be in writing and sent by you/your travel agent who made the booking. Cancellations take effect from the date the written notice is received. No refund in full or in part will be given for unutilized services in the package(s) once you commence using the product or service.
- Up to 30 days before the Activity-Date – Fixed processing fee of USD 30.00 and the balance will be refunded. In case of a refund to be made via an international bank transfer, all bank fees to be borne by the guest. A refund to the credit card is subject to above processing fee only.
- Less than 30 days and in case of “No Show” – No refunds.
- No refunds will be entertained under whatsoever condition once the guest arrives in Sri Lanka.
- We reserve the right to cancel your holiday because of unforeseen circumstances.