Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Trekking in Hanthana
About the Trekking in Hanthana
Sri Lanka Day Tours offers a 6-9km trek through mountainous terrain in Hanthana. You typically start the trek from the pre-agreed point in Hanthana, after a briefing.
Known for its many species of birds, the Hanthana mountain range is ideal for bird watching. You may even see several species of raptors and some species of endemic birds as well.The trail includes several ascents as well as descents, and you will be hiking among tea estates of the “Upper Lance” before reaching the Hanthana mountain range. After traversing the Hanthana range, you will come across a footpath leading to Kandy. This footpath is ideal for watching birds, and to see the picturesque landscapes of the towns of Kandy, Galaha, and Peradeniya.
Sri Lanka is a country with rapid economic and technological growth. The Hanthana area was chosen as the location for a few radio transmission towers due to the optimum height provided for maximum coverage. You will be able to see these towers up close on the way. You will get a chance to visit the Sri Lanka Tea Industry Museum, where you will be able to get an insight into the history of how Sri Lanka became the manufacturer of the best tea in the world. After the museum stop, we will get into our vehicle to head back to the city. point.
- It’s a great addition to your “things to do in Kandy” list.
- True experience of the natural beauty of the hill country and it’s an ideal trail to go bird watching.
- Fantastic, moderate treks which burn the extra calories gained during the holiday.
- Option to visit the Sri Lanka Tea Industry Museum and acquire more knowledge about the history of Sri Lanka’s tea industry.
- Hassle free, pickup and drop-off package from the Kandy city hotels you are staying in.
- You will be led by an experienced naturalist.
- Availability - all year around.
- Starting Point - Hanthana Road above kandy General Hospital
- Preferred Starting Time - 7.30 a.m
- Duration - 3 to 4 hours
- The services of an experienced naturalist
- Entrance fees where applicable
- Bottled water during the trail
- All Government taxes and service charge
- Any transportation
- Any additional beverage or food, which would be ordered extra
- Any personal effects not mentioned here
- Any tips for the staff
- Any others expenses not mentioned in ‘Price Inclusions’ section
- Clients should bring suitable clothing for warm, windy and rainy conditions.
- Recommended items such as insect repellent and sun lotion should be brought by clients.
- Lightweight clothes and biking shoes and boots should be worn during the trial.
- Water bottles and refreshments should be carried by clients at all times.
- Full payment with the booking confirmation