Lakpura Travels (Pvt) Ltd
Private Day Tour: Coastal Ride to Galle from Colombo
- Private Sri Lanka coast and Galle day trip from Colombo, led by an expert guide
- Get close-up to sea turtles at Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery, a refuge for these endangered marine creatures
- Ride a boat around the mangroves of the River Madhu, a haven for wildlife
- Enjoy optional water sports at Hikkaduwa beach (additional cost) to see its coral reefs
- Tour 17th-century Galle Fort, the best-preserved sea fort in all Asia
- Wander around the fort's cobbled streets and museums as you learn about Galle's maritime history
- Enjoy the personalized attention of a private guide
Discover Sri Lanka’s alluring southwest coast and Galle on a private day trip from Colombo. Drive along the coastal expressway to the Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery to see the turtles it protects, and enjoy a boat ride around the wildlife-rich mangroves of the River Madhu. Later, choose to take a glass-bottom boat ride or snorkel, dive or surf at coral-ringed Hikkaduwa beach before a visit to historical Galle. Visit the UNESCO-listed Galle Fort, built by the Dutch in the 1600s, and explore its cobbled lanes filled with shops and colonial buildings.
What to Expect
Colombo - Bentota
Leave your hotel at about 7am. You can have your breakfast (at own cost) on your way or pack a breakfast from your hotel and then head to the South West coast of the country.
At approximately 9am, you will visit the Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery. Kosgoda Turtle Care program aims to protect sea turtle eggs and increase hatching rates to prevent the species from becoming endangered. Afterward, engage in a 15 minute drive to Madu Ganga where you will enjoy a River Safari at Madu Ganga for 1.5 hours.
Take an hour break for lunch (at own cost) at about 12pm.
Balapitiya – Hikkaduwa
Sri Lanka is an island floating in the blue waters of the Indian Ocean and the Bay of Bengal. Endowed with over a thousand miles of beautiful beaches fringed with coconut palms. Hikkdauwa also provides various water activities for the visitors. You can explore coral reefs by Boat Ride or take in other activities:
Optional Activities: (2 hours)
- Scuba Diving
The best period to enjoy these activities are in the months from December to April
Hikkaduwa - Galle
Take an approximate half-hour drive from Hikkaduwa to Galle and in the evening proceed to Galle to visit Galle Fort and Light House.
Galle is home to a Dutch Fort, a World Heritage Site, and one of best preserved Dutch forts of Asia. Originally built by the Portuguese and fortified by the Dutch, the fort was well used by the British for their administrative purpose of the Galle district.
At about 6pm you will begin your way back to Colombo.
Your hotel in Colombo
Returns to original departure point
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entrance fees to Kosgoda Turtle Hatchery and Madu River
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Fees for the optional scuba diving, snorkeling or surfing
- Expenses of personal nature
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Hats and comfortable walking shoes are recommended
If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.